2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

no chance they go after a QB. maybe mid to late rounds but people are sleeping on the trent edwards signing. mostly because we all know it's garbage but he's your backup QB this year people, live with it.

Sgt PSN

The question is will he back up Vick or RGIII?

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: phattymatty on February 29, 2012, 10:23:21 AM
no chance they go after a QB. maybe mid to late rounds but people are sleeping on the trent edwards signing. mostly because we all know it's garbage but he's your backup QB this year people, live with it.

No one would have thougt they would acquire Mike Vick when they already had Kolb and McNabb. And if I remember correctly wasn't AJ Feeley back at that time?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

So now that the Eagles picked up Ryans what do the Eagles draft at 15? BTW I never thought they would take a LB at that spot anyway.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 20, 2012, 08:39:12 PM
So now that the Eagles picked up Ryans what do the Eagles draft at 15? BTW I never thought they would take a LB at that spot anyway.

I'm guessing a DT. Patterson and Jenkins are getting old.

PhillyPhreak54

SD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 20, 2012, 08:49:07 PM
Mark Barron

I wouldn't take him at 15 but if he's around in the 2nd he'd be my pick. 3 years in a row they take a Safety in the 2nd? Hard to imagine.

Feva

Quote from: SD on March 20, 2012, 08:42:46 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on March 20, 2012, 08:39:12 PM

I'm guessing a DT. Patterson and Jenkins are getting old.

Agreed... and there's 65 DT's they could take at 15 so it's impossible to guess who it'll be.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

hard to say whos gonna actually be there at 15 so to get one of these guys a move up a few spots may be necessary but in order i want

1. po po (and its not really close...unless someone like coples unexpectedly drops down..of course he might not be there with the combine he had)

2. barron (safties are super weak this year...so if you go in that direction this has to be the guy...would be a nice physical compliment to soft and rangy nate allen)

3. melvin ingram (reminds me of dwight freeney...could be a little taller but should be a good pass rusher in the nfl..some fresh young talent needs to be added to the DE mix)

deep down something inside tells me that they make a power move up to the four or five and take justin blackmon
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

I would have bought taht had they not signed DeSean long term...but we all know they like Maclin and now Jackson's here long term, i can't see them trading up for a WR
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Drunkmasterflex

As of now I would love to see Poe but I can't really see that happening. 

Ingram might be there but he is hard to project at the next level is he a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 rush LB. 

I think 15 is way too high for Barron. 

ice grillin you

i think ingram can play in either system

as for barron its not to high at all if you think he can play because hes not gonna be their in the second round and all the other safties are worthless...i can see dallas taking him at 14 and id be surprised if he made it past the jets at 16
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

I wouldn't be totally opposed to him being taken at 15......I just think it is a little too early. 

Dillen

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 20, 2012, 09:30:35 PM
as for barron its not to high at all if you think he can play because hes not gonna be their in the second round and all the other safties are worthless...i can see dallas taking him at 14 and id be surprised if he made it past the jets at 16
This.

If you're worried that 15th pick is too early for him, you won't get him. If you like a player enough to draft him in the first round, you're not going to trade down and hope he's there, you take him. If you're going to obsess over proper "value", is an extra 3rd round pick worth trading down 5 spots? Considering the chance that 3rd rounder will be a worthless player, the chance that someone hops ahead of the Eagles, and then the Eagles get dick at safety and have to go with plan B? No.

SD

Poe isn't falling out of the top 10 and Barron is probably a mid 20's pick. They have the ammunition to move up to pick both players. But since this is the Eagles they'll do something wacky like trade up for Tannehill then trade one of their second rounders for later picks.