2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

id say hes worth a 4th maybe a 3rd.....definitely not a second

the problem imo with assante in a deal for the #2 pick is hes not valuable enough to the other team to significantly sway the deal and hes to valuable to the eagles for them to use him as a "throw in" piece
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i don't think he's worth anything.  he has a big cap number and teams know that he doesn't fit what they want to do on defense and he is the odd man out.  i think if they get anything it would be a win.  i think they end up cutting him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

he is a pain in the ass in the locker room, no question about that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

i think you could get a mid round pick for him from a team that is or believes it is a contender and wants to either take that next step or win it all this year and needs secondary help

detroit being in the first group and pittsburgh new england or even baltimore in that second group

Zanshin

While I don't believe it'll be close to reality, I'd be all for a trade up to #2 that included Jackson. I know people are questioning Asante's value, but I don't think Jackson's perceived value is a slam dunk, either. Sure, he has quite a bit more than Asante. But...I mean, he didn't exactly light it up on or off the field last year and he's going to want big money. But if they could pull something like that off, I'd be thrilled.

A lot of that has to do with a lack of confidence in whatever else they'd do with those picks, anyway.

Sgt PSN

Anyone who is open to the idea of trading DeSean Jackson is obviously an MA whitle elder racist.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 28, 2012, 04:23:34 PM
Anyone who is open to the idea of trading DeSean Jackson is obviously an MA whitle elder racist.

not if you open to trading him to get a black franchise qb....but as we know according to MA the blacks arent smart enough to play the quarterback position

Rome

QB Eagles

I'm down with getting RGIII for just about whatever the asking price is, but I don't see Reid rolling the dice with a first-year QB this year. Less than 8-8 and the pitchforks will descend on NovaCare.

Also the rest of the league would have to be retarded to allow it to happen.

But it'd be fun.

ice grillin you

i wouldnt give up all that for rgIII...because i dont look at him as a sure thing like i do luck...im just saying if you are a team that believes hes going to be a top qb in the nfl then it would be hard to find a price that is to high

also trading for rgIII wouldnt have to have a negative impact on the team this year....vick could still start until the team is out of it and then rgIII takes over and vick is gone after this year as hes going to be even if they dont get a young franchise qb...if vick somehow has this team as a superbowl contender then you ride him until the end and start rgIII next year

Diomedes

What does it tell you if the Eagles don't address QB at all in this draft?

Given his contract, the level of his play, and the way he throws his body around at his size and age, I think it's fair to say Vick isn't the long term solution.  Nor obviously is Kafka.  Young was done when he uttered "dream team."  Whatshisname from Buffalo isn't it.

If they don't do something at QB in this draft, what does that say about Reid's future? 

Drunkmasterflex

I can't imagine the Eagles not taking a QB at some point, I don't think Reid thinks in terms of being on the "hot seat".  He only goes by what he knows. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

if things fall a certain way in the draft and they see someone they really like who they believe can be their future starter they will go after him...ala cobb...if they dont then they may take a later round guy who they feel can get in the mix and compete...

i agree with drunk in that i dont really see vicks or andys situation affecting how they go about the draft...

Rome

I guarantee they go after RGIII.  He's Andy's best hope for continued employment plus his selection would take the win or gtfo pressure off everyone from Lurie on down.