2012 Eagles Draft Thread - Defense Please

Started by ice grillin you, December 02, 2011, 07:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I'd love to have RG3, but I'm not giving up 2 1st and 2 2nds, that's just ridiculous.

Pretty sure the Eagles are just doing their due dilligence in regards to talking to different prospects. They rarely draft a player they actually interview as it is.

Rome

Quote from: Diomedes on February 27, 2012, 08:47:36 PM
I want them to sell out for RGIII

F linebackers, we'll never have good lbs under Reid. 

He can coach a QB though and Griffin is worth almost any price imo.

I agree with this.  I mean, I already posted it, so of course I do, but still... well said.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on February 28, 2012, 07:39:28 AM
I'd love to have RG3, but I'm not giving up 2 1st and 2 2nds, that's just ridiculous.

Pretty sure the Eagles are just doing their due dilligence in regards to talking to different prospects. They rarely draft a player they actually interview as it is.

you would only not do it if you dont think rgIII is that good...if you believe he can be a top 3 qb in the league then its a no brainer...because in three years if hes that good no one will even remember the picks they gave up and even if they do they wont care

i would literally give up this entire draft and next years one for luck
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: SD on February 28, 2012, 07:39:28 AM

the way they draft in the 2nd round i wouldn't be too attached to those picks, especially for a guy you are projecting to be your qb for the next 10 years.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

you also really arent giving up two 1's...you are giving up next years one...this years one would be rgIII

PhillyPhanInDC

One of the rumors would be Pimp, the first and a second for the #2 pick. I don't think that gets it's done. The idea then would be they ship Vick this year or next to a QB needy team. I say what they hell - they'll blow those mid 1st round picks on the Brandon Grahams of the world anyway.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

you really cant put a price on a franchise qb...if you can get one you do it regardless of price (and within reason of course)...eveything else will work itself out

PhillyPhanInDC

Absolutely. I'd be okay with Pimp going, Maclin is obviously the better all-around receiver anyway.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

PhillyPhanInDC

SunMo

Rome

Diomedes

Jackson isn't the only player who might be included in a trade for the second pick.  Asante could be added to a trade package as well.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

assante isnt worth much....you could maybe move him for a linebacker....but he wouldnt really have a place in a package for the second pick

Diomedes

He's worth a 2nd round pick, isn't he?  Or at least a 3rd.  In the fantasy scenario by which the Eagles trade up to get RGIII, they'll have to throw a player in with the picks, because their picks alone won't do it.  Unless of course they give up next year's pick, too.  But anyway, my point is that Samuel could be used to sweeten a deal. And St. Louis could use him immediately.

edit:  Did I say Cleveland?  I meant St. Louis
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger