Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 08, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Munson on November 13, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
Hamels at 23-25 mil a year? I mean he's been great but is really going to get a deal paying him more then Roy Halladay? I was thinking 20 mil a year max....

Simple natural inflation will get him close to that.  Lee's up to 25 next year, and Hamels is just entering his prime. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get at least 6 years / $135M+ from somebody when he goes FA. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Halladay will only have one year left at that time.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 13, 2011, 12:45:06 PM
Igy?

sometimes its just nice to know that there are other smart people in the world
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 13, 2011, 12:51:56 PM
Quote from: Munson on November 13, 2011, 12:48:59 PM
Hamels at 23-25 mil a year? I mean he's been great but is really going to get a deal paying him more then Roy Halladay? I was thinking 20 mil a year max....

Simple natural inflation will get him close to that.  Lee's up to 25 next year, and Hamels is just entering his prime. Wouldn't surprise me to see him get at least 6 years / $135M+ from somebody when he goes FA. 

Pretty much what I was thinking.  I think if they sign Hamels at that cost ($23-25mil), they're getting him a fairly reasonable price (assuming he keeps pitching like he did this year).  And if he has another solid year in 2012, then they should def offer him a little more than what they gave Doc or Lee since he's home grown. 

MDS

lol @ worrying about locking up hamels

by the time his supposed contract kicks in chase utley wont be able to walk, choke will be dead and jimmy will be 45 years old. and in case you werent aware they have nothing in the farm system and tons of backend money tied up to lee, howard and now papelboner.

unless you think dom brown is willie mays its already over for them
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

As expected, Worley finished 3rd in NL ROY behind the two Braves and ahead of the kidnapped Nat

BigEd76

Papelbon's press conf just finished.  His deal has an extra $58 on the end of it, and he got ODB's #58

Quote"I told my agents, 'Listen....I want to go play for the Phillies. Let's make it happen.'"

Eagles_Legendz

yeah i'm not sure i buy that, but whatever.

MDS

great, i cant until he pitching on the wrong side of a 2-0 game in the 9th inning because the offense sucks
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

Eagles_Legendz

Rome

Quote from: BigEd76 on November 14, 2011, 03:03:32 PM
As expected, Worley finished 3rd in NL ROY behind the two Braves and ahead of the kidnapped Nat

So he ended up getting consideration?  Gee - I thought he wasn't worthy of consideration.  I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Sgt PSN

Rome

So what the farg is with this cinco ocho shtein?  I knew Papelbon was a flaming cockeater but I had no idea he invented alter egos for himself.  What have we gotten ourselves into here?  Somebody hold me!