Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 08, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I hate Papelbon. I have no rational reason. I hope he D's in a F.

PhillyGirl

Papelpon is younger. Not older, Munson.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Munson

For some reason I thought he was 31 before Madson was.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Rome

MDS

yea thats a lot of money for papelboner

whatever. they are spending money like the red sox and yankees so if this doesnt work its not the end of the world.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

is this team trying to suck more?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont really see a massive difference between papelboner and madson...in fact papelboner is probably better.

the lineup is still going to be horrendous though
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're right. Their lack of interest in your boy CoCo is the problem.

Rome

nm

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on November 12, 2011, 06:22:24 AM
You're right. Their lack of interest in your boy CoCo is the problem.

nothing wrong with a guy who will steal 50 bases for a team that cant score runs

PoopyfaceMcGee

Will he even be on base 50 times this season?

Rome

The more I read the reactions of Boston fans over this the more I love it.

Geowhizzer

I'm worried about how Papelbon finished the season.  Not that he blew the last game, but how he lost velocity at the end of the year.  They'd better go over that shoulder and elbow with the proverbial fine-toothed comb.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on November 12, 2011, 12:53:52 PM
I'm worried about how Papelbon finished the season.  Not that he blew the last game, but how he lost velocity at the end of the year.  They'd better go over that shoulder and elbow with the proverbial fine-toothed comb.

this

plus just his overall makeup is suspect....hes a shell of himself and to give a guy like that four years (no closer should get four years) is ridiculous

phillies love stockpiling awful contracts apparently....wheres pat gillick when you need him
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

How long before the home crowd starts chanting at him derisively?