Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by Rome, October 08, 2011, 02:27:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

If Madson balked at 44 million over four years he's a bigger clown than i ever imagined.

PoopyfaceMcGee

No, it sounds like Monty said to Rube, "Are you farging kidding me?"

Sgt PSN

Paplebon is probably my least favorite FA after Reyes.  He stands on the mound trying for lion face, but can only muster up lemon face.  I'd seriously hate to look at that for 40 games a year. 

Lion face, Raaaaawwwwwrrrrrr!

Lemon face, Eeeewwwww.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Also, he takes roughly 4 1/2 minutes between pitches.

MDS

lol @ no cuddyer and getting joe nathan

do you guys like being regular season champions?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

hey retard, cuddyer is a right handed raul ibanez...what about that screams playoff wins?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's either the "right handed" or the non-hispanic angle, I'm sure.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 10, 2011, 10:21:29 AM
Paplebon is probably my least favorite FA after Reyes.  He stands on the mound trying for lion face, but can only muster up lemon face.  I'd seriously hate to look at that for 40 games a year. 

I keep having visions of that stupid little Irish jig he did after the 2007 WS.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

ironman j starks reporting phillies interest in kubel and sizemore
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: SunMo on November 10, 2011, 03:38:15 PM
hey retard, cuddyer is a right handed raul ibanez...what about that screams playoff wins?

ill take that if ibanez were 32. oh wait. cuddyer is.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

Yay?

Any recent word on the hold up on Madson?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 11, 2011, 11:49:36 AM
Yay?

Any recent word on the hold up on Madson?

The word is that they're now focusing on Papelbon.

MDS

i hope his funhole wife likes washington

charlie

i would be happy with madson or voldemort for the next 2-3 years

basticho is probably the future closer (or maybe even aumont in the minors if he has another good year like last season)