Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

yeah jimmy would become a long reliever before he ever bat 8
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

cuddyer gets the stink face.  a slightly younger raul ibanez
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I've seen several reports that say the Madson deal isn't done and may have hit a snag. Heyman said it's waiting on Monty's approval. Stark said Papelbon still in the mix.

Odds his wife is being a snatch about staying in Philly and making him reconsider?

MDS

Quote from: Rome on November 09, 2011, 07:20:25 AM
Utley batting sixth and Jimmy in the seven hole?

Ha.

Haha.

Hahahahaha!

Keep on keepin' on, Tex.

you saw how they did with jimmy 1st and utley 3rd, i guess that should continue, huh?

everyone needs to face reality that neither of those guys are good anymore and if you plan on winning a world series they shouldnt be hitting in the top part of the order. but of the fact of the matter is chase utley could take a shtein on your carpet and youd probably eat it.

and cuddyer is 32, will hit hit .270 with a .330 obp and 20 homers. its not lighting the world on fire but its better than polanco.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

that's assuming cuddyer would be coming to replace polanco, and not start in LF this year. 

SunMo

ice grillin you

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on November 09, 2011, 03:39:53 PM
that's assuming cuddyer would be coming to replace polanco, and not start in LF this year.

i think he will replace polanco at 3rd next year...would fill in this year if polancos elbow acts up or he just cant play anymore

SD

Quote from: SunMo on November 09, 2011, 08:38:37 AM
cuddyer gets the stink face.  a slightly younger raul ibanez

Agreed. They need to shake it up, not get guys who are similar to Raul.

SunMo

plus i just read he's a type A free agent so he costs a 1st round pick.  double no thanks

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on November 09, 2011, 07:25:16 PM
plus i just read he's a type A free agent so he costs a 1st round pick.  double no thanks

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 05, 2011, 03:02:21 PM
yeah cuddeyer biggest asset is his versatility...he will play first until choke comes back then move to left...but if GRITs knee flares up again he can play second...if polancos elbow falls off or hes just plain done he can play third...and i imagine he would move to third full time next year

the thing is players like cuddyer can be found every off season...do you wanna sign him for lets say three years 36 mil and lose jimmy or madson...two positions that are harder to replace

also cuddyer costs you a first round pick...altho i suppose they could offer arbitration to jimmy and or madson to recoup that

that was my take when the rumors first came about...that would be a way to get the pick back...obviously sounds like it would be jimmy now

BigEd76

The new CBA will likely remove the draft pick compensation or downgrade it to something where Type As are treated like Type Bs.  A lot of teams are waiting for that to be resolved, which is why you don't see any major signings yet

Salisbury reported tonight the Phils turned their focus towards signing Papelbon instead

PoopyfaceMcGee

Neither Madson nor Papelbon will prove to earn their contracts this season. But I don't know of a better option.

PhillyPhreak54

Not sure I am down with Papelbon signing.

I've hoped for Heath Bell

SunMo

i wouldn't mind if they went the cheap low risk/high reward route and signed Joe Nathan.  his velocity was back up to normal at the end of the season after recovering from tommy john

PhillyPhreak54