2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

all you need to know is that he supposedly kept his team in the game in a period where he let up a soft goal

a normal great goalie performance that keeps your team in the game lets up no goals...or the other team has like 18 shots on goal and a ton of scoring chances and the goalie let up one goal that wasnt his fault
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

bottom line is when you get less than 25 SOG, give up 3 goals, 2 of which were SOFT, that does not count as a good game. 

3 goals allowed vs pitt can be a good game depending on the circumstance.  after the first 10 mins, the devils generated nothing of substance.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They might still win the Cup in spite of Bryz, but I'm baffled that anyone defends him whatsoever. He's just terrible, pretty much all the time.

Eagles_Legendz

I'd like to like him because he's a farging lunatic which I find entertaining, but when he costs them the cup his weird personality is just going to piss me off more.

He's capable of playing well -- he did for a decent portion of the 2nd half of the season, but he's going to need to step it up.  Maybe not versus NJ, but against NYR or whoever comes out of the west you're going to need better than what you've been getting.

Rome

I think they're going to win despite Breezy.   There's something about this team that screams destiny.  I can't put my finger on it, though.  Just a feeling or maybe just a desperate hope.

Geowhizzer

The one thing in favor of Bryz is that he's only given up two goals in the third period of later in the playoffs thus far.

The goal in the third was abysmal.  The one in the first seemed (in replay - didn't see it live) to be mostly on Read to me.  Terrible pass.

SunMo

yeah, it was a bad giveaway from read, but on the one replay angle it showed coburn pointing back towards the way read passed it, i think coburn was telling him to reverse it.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think it was Hartnell that made a bad pass setting up the Devils' third, but that doesn't excuse Bryz from leaving his five hole open wider than a Kardashian's.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 30, 2012, 06:53:56 AM
I think it was Hartnell that made a bad pass setting up the Devils' third, but that doesn't excuse Bryz from leaving his five hole open wider than a Kardashian's.

That one was terrible.  Only thing I can think of at all was that Sykora shot before Bryz thought he was going to and caught Bryz unawares.  Even so, terribly soft goal.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 29, 2012, 08:53:46 PM
The goal in the third was abysmal.  The one in the first seemed (in replay - didn't see it live) to be mostly on Read to me.  Terrible pass.

your team can turn the puck over and the goalie still make a save...the read play was indeed bad...but it was another case of a puck going thru breezy as opposed to beating him

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

I call PhotoShop.

Still, funny that the Eagles' players (like Chaney) have taken a particular interest in Simmonds.

rjs246

Once again, I think all of you drama queens are missing the thing we should be talking about.

The Flyers played badly yesterday. Their defense was not good. The offense was all over the place. Sometimes they couldn't complete a pass. Sometimes they held possession for long periods of time. But their Set O didn't generate a single goal (breakaway, Devils turnover + massive rebound, PP, Devils turnover) and I'm pretty sure they had more swings-and-misses at shots than in any game I've ever seen.

Despite playing badly and giving up shtein goals, they won. That's important in the playoffs and it's what good teams do.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

i thought they played great

dominating the game other than the first 10-15 minutes

rjs246

I thought they played like crap, especially on defense. Two things they did exceptionally well: forechecking and capitalizing on NJ mistakes. Everything else looked like a jumbled mess out there.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.