2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

10 hours to decide on James Neal but less than 2 to kick out one of the league's superstars.  farg this

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't think the decision is patently unfair or anything, but it's pretty brutal considering that it's an elimination game. Well, now it most definitely will be.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 07, 2012, 03:17:38 PM
I don't think the decision is patently unfair or anything

totally agree....the question was how many games not if he waas getting suspended...he tracked the guy for two thirds of the rink then purposely blasted him in the head all because he was mad the ref did make a call earlier in the shift...hes lucky zubrus wasnt hurt or it could have been a few games....not that it matters
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

I still find Neal getting a game = to this.  Has a previous history of suspensions, and targets two players heads on the same shift. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

the act alone is suspendable, i don't disagree.

but when Neal gets the same amount for worst acts.  Malkin's shtein doesn't even get looked at, Weber gets nothing, Ovechkin gets nothing, giving a game for this is not explainable based on previous rulings.  shanahan is a disaster in this role.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

Suspension is bullshtein but maybe they'll use this as a rallying cry to play better. I acknowledge the series is over but iirc after Neal was suspended the Pens actually won two games.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on May 07, 2012, 03:46:07 PM
iirc after Neal was suspended the Pens actually won two games.

If you don't "rc," you need a MRI.

SD

Seabiscuit36

The lesson that learned this playoffs is that its better to smash someone's head into the glass than hit it with a shoulder. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Rome

The suspension is farging bullshtein especially considering Giroux has no disciplinary history and the Flyers face elimination.

Bottom line is Malkin or Cindy plays tomorrow night while Giroux sits.

ice grillin you

seriously what has happened to philly fans....i know all fans of all teams have fallen off since the advent of the internet/facebook/twitter but its embarrassing what you people are doing to philadelphia....sb doesnt count as hes a bigger flyer homer than the biggest taterskin homer of all time.....romey is florida....but sd and sunny are as disappointing as it gets and frankly an embarrassment to the fanbase
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quick someone alert WIP, igy wants to know what has happened to Philly fans
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
seriously what has happened to Philly fans....i know all fans of all teams have fallen off since the advent of the internet/facebook/twitter but its embarrassing what you people are doing to Philadelphia....Sb doesn't count as hes a bigger flyer homer than the biggest taterskin homer of all time.....romey is florida....but SD and sunny are as disappointing as it gets and frankly an embarrassment to the fanbase

I didn't say it wasn't unwarranted, it was a wreckless play by a player that typically doesn't play that kind of game.  He clearly was frustrated, and drove thru Zubrus.  That said, do you not agree that Shannahan has been wildly inconsistent with rulings, and even in what cases he brings into review?  shtein, when Kerry Fraser brings up the Malkin hits, maybe things are a little out of whack. 

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 07, 2012, 09:38:19 PM
seriously what has happened to philly fans....i know all fans of all teams have fallen off since the advent of the internet/facebook/twitter but its embarrassing what you people are doing to philadelphia....sb doesnt count as hes a bigger flyer homer than the biggest taterskin homer of all time.....romey is florida....but sd and sunny are as disappointing as it gets and frankly an embarrassment to the fanbase

i already admitted the act was suspendable you dumbass but it is not consistent with other rulings given during the playoffs and that is my gripe. 

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

CF lesson #1: Don't explain yourself to igy when it comes to subjects like this. There's talking sports then there's crap like this.

CF lesson #2: Don't explain yourself to mds under any circumstances