2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SD

You keep waiting for the Flyers to wake up but it just ain't happening. The Devils have taken the Flyers to school this series and deserve to win.

On D the Devils remind me of the 2010 Flyers with the way they defend in front of their own net.

Don Ho

Sloppy, lazy hockey from what I've seen so far. 

And Simonds with a perfect chance can't even get a half ass shot off.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Frustration factor for the Flyers?  Try watching this shtein.

Don Ho

SD

/season

I actually think they'll win the next game at home then lose game 6 in Jersey

Don Ho

Saw better stuff in the Natitude store than what we saw on the ice tonight.

BigEd76

Quote from: SD on May 06, 2012, 10:11:23 PMI actually think they'll win the next game at home then lose game 6 in Jersey

Eh, they might have a shot if they get back to NJ.  No concerts scheduled this week...

Eagles_Legendz

the team just seems completely listless.  no jump.

i'm not necessarily surprised that NJ is winning the series, but i am surprised how thoroughly they're getting dominated/outshot etc.  most of the game is spent in their own end.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SD on May 06, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
Bryz has far and away been the Flyers best player this series.

You had to know that if that were the case, the Flyers would be playing really poorly.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on May 07, 2012, 06:52:27 AM
Quote from: SD on May 06, 2012, 09:04:49 PM
Bryz has far and away been the Flyers best player this series.

You had to know that if that were the case, the Flyers would be playing really poorly.

Pretty much.

He's exceeded expectations, in reality these games should be more like game 2 score wise but he's managed to keep them in the game.

It was easy to get excited about this team especially after they dismantled the Pens. That series is an all timer, but looking back the Flyers have their number so it was their best possible 1st round match up. Even if they would have gotten past the Devils they'd have been swept by the Rangers.

SunMo

watching the Devils spend 2, 3, and 4 minutes at a time in the Flyers zone is farging infuriating.  everything the Flyers try to do, the Devils are a step ahead, I've never seen a forecheck like this one that is as tenacious and consistent as the Devils right now.

what really sucks is Brodeur is very beatable right now if they could sustain some pressure. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

devils experience is dominating right now.....sykora elias clarkson parise zubrus are all over the place....its like each of them is in two different place at all times

on the other hand the flyers young guys wellwood cooter voracek simmonds read....guys that were all great in the pens series have basically all been MIA this round

probabaly should have been expected for them to fall off a cliff the deeper the season went and you cant really blame them but its been ugly

Quote from: SunMo on May 07, 2012, 08:43:31 AM
I've never seen a forecheck like this one that is as tenacious and consistent as the Devils right now.

we saw it last year at the exact same time....its actually scary how much this reminds me of the boston series the way the flyers are absolutely being suffocated.....difference is nj just isnt fnishing like boston did so the scores are closer....think boston outscored the flyers something like 20 to 5 in that series last year
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Giroux suspended for one game.  What a joke Shannahan is
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee