2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

what was the devils goal like....i was watching the sixers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

what a brutal play by grossmann

enough of this game

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 01, 2012, 09:37:59 PM
what was the devils goal like....i was watching the sixers

Total trifecta overload.  Had the Phils on iphone, Flyers on blackberry in the car.  Now that I'm home got the Sixers on.

What a zesty performance tonight.   Awful.  Bryz can only play out of his mind for so long.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

when its even strength the devils look like they are two men up.....when the flyers are two men up it looks like even strength

back to the drawing board you stupid fargs

Don Ho

farging thing could have been 8-1 if Bryz wasn't playing like a possessed man in the first two periods.

SD

The Flyers had no business being in that game as long as they were. They were sloppy offensively, lost the puck battles, didn't hustle as much as the Devils, and acted like they were just going to breeze through this series.

And a ton of credit has to go to the Devils, they played shutdown D in their own end and killed the Flyers on the forecheck.

Bryz was the only Flyer to show up tonight.

When they went down 3-1 and were on the PP I turned to my room mate and said "I hope the Devils score shorthanded here...it'll be demoralizing". Wish came true, now it's wake up time. This goes back to game 1 but you can't play 10-15 minute stretches where the other team is dominating. 1 or 2 minute surges are one thing but you have to break that up.

Eagles_Legendz

Flyers had no sustained pressure in the Devils zone after the first ten minutes.  None.

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Devils and the Sixers are basically the same right now.

rjs246

Last night was brutal.

Having said that, I sort of expected this kind of a game. The goals have come so easily for them this post season, and they're such a young group, that I sort of figured they would have a wakeup-call game or two where they make the extra pass instead of shooting the puck and try to get fancy with what they do like they're the '85 Oilers. They passed up shots on the rush several times last night and the Devils were ready to play defense every time. It was a stupid approach to a game where they had the lead and it sucked all of the momentum out of the game.

Changing topics, I don't know anything about Erik Wellwood but dude is fast and he works his ass off out there. Doesn't appear to have much skill beyond his speed, but every time he's on the ice he's out-skating people to the puck. Good role-player type to have on a team loaded with skill players.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

"The problem with sending monkeys into space is they push the wrong buttons" -- Bryz

Eagaholic

Munson

Every time there's a puck near the boards in the offensive zone the Devils have 4 guys flocking to it or around it and the Flyers have one or two....that's gonna have to change.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

ice grillin you

the longer this series goes the more it become clear that the devils are just a better team

bryz is atrocious but its actually a series where goaltending shoudlnt be the difference because brodeur is a shell of himself....its the devils skaters that are completely outclassing he flyers....ad insult to injury and you have the flyers best player being terrible