2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

devils had six non PP shots in the last 50 minutes of the game and only 11 total shots
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

OK great. That's a nice stat. You go with that, I'll go with what I saw.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm impressed with Matty at the top of his game at 11 on a Monday.

Seabiscuit36

Sarah Baiker is reporting that a 5pm presser has been scheduled today, no idea what its for.  #Prongerz?
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

glad to see she could take time from tweeting about her amateur hockey games to give Flyers news.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

BigEd76

Seabiscuit36

I think thats about as dumb a move you could make in the playoffs.  Just play.  But if it sells more jerseys, its possible. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Seravelli just tweeted its nothing important so they're probably moving stations

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 30, 2012, 02:33:09 PM
Seravelli just tweeted its nothing important so they're probably moving stations

Yep.

And this brings up an interesting question. Is Sarah Baicker kind of hot because she writes about hockey? After much analysis, I'm going to say.. No.

PhillyGirl

Turns out Ed was really pissed that WIP played the Phillies/Cubs on FM yesterday and the playoff game on AM.

They're switching to the Fanatic from here on out.

However, both the Sixers and Flyers are on tomorrow night. So one of them will end up on AM anyway.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Eagaholic

Quote from: Geowhizzer on April 30, 2012, 07:09:45 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on April 30, 2012, 06:53:56 AM
I think it was Hartnell that made a bad pass setting up the Devils' third, but that doesn't excuse Bryz from leaving his five hole open wider than a Kardashian's.

That one was terrible.  Only thing I can think of at all was that Sykora shot before Bryz thought he was going to and caught Bryz unawares.  Even so, terribly soft goal.

I thought it was Vorecek that had that nice tape to tape pass to Sykora. It looked to me like Sykora faked the shot momentarily and it froze Bryz into a brain fart. Bryz seems like his brain is working in slow motion.

As for the offense and passing, I think the passing was often weak during the Pens series. Sometimes it clicked well but too often it was lackadaisical, especially in the offensive zone. They consistently had good puck support and the forwards in particular have good vision so there's no excuse for slow mushy passing. There were a couple of times in the last game they were lucky not to have bad turnovers including a Giroux pass from above the left circle across ice that could have lead to a break away.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Passing was still a little sloppy yesterday, but I thought they did a much better job of keeping chances alive and in the zone than they did for the Pens' series. Good strategy... Stay on offense, don't even let Bryz see shots.

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 30, 2012, 04:08:52 PM
Turns out Ed was really pissed that WIP played the Phillies/Cubs on FM yesterday and the playoff game on AM.

They're switching to the Fanatic from here on out.

However, both the Sixers and Flyers are on tomorrow night. So one of them will end up on AM anyway.

This is why I was vague in the sports media thread, WIP didn't find out about this till this past Friday. There were maybe 5 people aside from you guys that knew this switch was happening.