2011-12 Flyers Season Thread: Now With Less Alcohol!

Started by BigEd76, October 06, 2011, 10:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

And they had a week off. This is pretty crazy.

Who expected anything like this at the start of the year. Almost too good to be true.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Zanshin

Please beat the Devils, please beat the Devils, please beat the Devils....

I don't ask for much, but as I live just north of NYC, I really need my teams to beat these teams....and handily, if possible.

ice grillin you

theres like two devils fans and the mets loogy gets more run in the ny press than the devils winning the cup...much less this little series thats about to begin btwn the heat and knicks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

And after none of the rookies on the list of finalists for the Calder. Homer not on the list for Jack Adams....Giroux not even on the finalists for the Hart.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

None of that will matter when all of their names are on the Cup.

ice grillin you

none of it matters now

and homer should be in jail for the bryz signing not at an awards ceremony

Seabiscuit36

Homer was Bryz's agent

Who gives a crap about awards, so long as Giroux gets the Conn Smythe, and the team gets their name on the cup.  I want to see Havas pouring crack juice into the cup on broadstreet
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

flyers look awful as expected but breezy strikes again

ice grillin you

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

flyers need to realize they have to self motivate this series...last series carried all the motivation you could ever want what with the hatred btwn the two teams that already existed before the series started....the devils on the other hand lul you to sleep...they are same division but not a rival...they are boring and have no real agitators no fans ect...so the flyers have to get themselves up for this

SD

They're rusty which is somewhat expected from a one week layoff. Lavy needs to work his magic in the locker room. Bryz played his best period this playoff. Devils are just outworking them.

ice grillin you

the difference in the amount of available ice in that period compared to last series was incredible...flyers need to adjust and realize they arent going to be able to skate like they did against pittsburgh

SD

The Devils D is light years better than the Pens. They're cutting passing lanes off, winning the individual battles, controlling the neutral zone, and most importantly crowding the net. The Flyers need to be more aggressive on the forecheck and most importantly move their feet. When they float like they did that period they not only get the results they did that period but it also drives Lavy up a wall.