Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

Ed what are you reading?

QuoteThe trade of Asante Samuel from Philadelphia to Atlanta was already close, and now it's a big step closer, as Samuel has agreed to a new contract with the Falcons.

The new contract is a three-year, $18.5 million deal, NFL Network's Albert Breer reports. Samuel was scheduled to make about $10 million this season and about $11.5 million next season, so $18.5 million over three years represents a significant pay cut compared to what he was scheduled to make over the next two years.
But the reality is that if Samuel hadn't been traded he would have been released, so he wouldn't have earned his base salaries with the Eagles.

It's not known yet what the Falcons gave up to acquire Samuel, but it was likely a late-round draft pick. The Eagles made no secret of the fact that they wanted to deal Samuel and weren't going to hold out for a lot in compensation.

Between the Samuel trade and Brent Grimes signing his franchise tender on Tuesday, the Falcons now have two good veteran cornerbacks under contract. And the Eagles, who also have two good veteran cornerbacks even after this trade, have an expensive player who didn't fit their long-term plans off their books.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

how can specific deals of a contract be out but not the round of the draft pick that was traded

jerks

SD

SunMo

6th plus roddy white is what i'm hearing
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on April 25, 2012, 02:03:38 PM
Pretty sure it's a 6th as reported

i dont want to be pretty sure i want to know what it is

i still dont get how that information has not been officially released

this pisses me off...a lot

BigEd76

Sorry, didn't see the rest of his deal was reworked.

SD

Quote from: SunMo on April 25, 2012, 02:04:27 PM
6th plus roddy white is what i'm hearing

Just heard Vick + Asante for Matty Ice and a 6th

SunMo

haha, that would be worth the laughs alone
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

hbionic

OUR tackling just got better with the subtraction of Samuel. Clean house, get rid of the bullshtein, and play tough football. Something I haven't seen in years.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

RezRob

Quote from: hbionic on April 25, 2012, 02:15:20 PM
OUR tackling just got better with the subtraction of Samuel. Clean house, get rid of the bullshtein, and play tough football. Something I haven't seen in years.

Hmm guy dissenting management gets sent his walking papers, regardless of logic, based on emotions of FO who were hurt by his comments. Seen it before. Just not on beloved Offense. If you play Defense you better stay in-line.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

Zanshin

General_Failure

Equal in value to a 2nd round pick last year.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Dillen

That 7th rounder will wind up being one of the starting safeties or LBs at some point this year.