What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattymatty

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on April 25, 2012, 08:44:29 AM
Realizing, of course, that they don't want to pay the dude, I'd still rather have Samuel for another year over whatever stiff they take with the late round pick they'll get for him.

not in the slot you wouldnt...joselio is the only guy who can play the slot...well brandon hughes and lindley are slot guys but dont appear to be nfl regulars

money is a big thing here but its far from the only thing....they have three starting corners and only two outside spots available...one gotta go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Zanshin

No, not in the slot. But as an insurance policy. Hey, it's not my money.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They're saying the Eagles will only get a 6th round pick and only IF Samuel restructures his deal. Awful move.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Zanshin on April 25, 2012, 09:19:58 AM

thats definitely a fair point...but if hes not starting why have him around

i personally think it would be addition by subtraction because he doesnt give a shtein about the team or winning

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 25, 2012, 09:22:37 AM
They're saying the Eagles will only get a 6th round pick and only IF Samuel restructures his deal. Awful move.

Agreed. I'd keep him if they're only getting a 6th. Hate the guy but as mentioned he's a good insurance policy. Sit him on the bench and pay him, money shouldn't be the issue.

Feva

A 6th rounder for Asante is bullshtein. That's a terrible deal.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

And they'd better take it before it gets worse.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2012, 09:26:37 AM
Quote from: Zanshin on April 25, 2012, 09:19:58 AM

thats definitely a fair point...but if hes not starting why have him around

i personally think it would be addition by subtraction because he doesnt give a shtein about the team or winning

This is the point, does anybody really think Asante would be the good soldier and be an insurance policy?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

i dont think hes a good soldier when hes starting

Drunkmasterflex

Haha agreed he is one of the more selfish players in the NFL.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

yeah asante only cares about assante...is his prime when hes getting you 9 picks maybe you can overlook it (altho new england didnt) but at this stage of his career id have no second thoughts about jettisoning him

BigEd76

Atlanta just gave him an extra 3/$18.5M.  huh

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen