What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagaholic

They should keep him for this year unless they get a really good return. As long as he doesn't demand a new contract from a new team, his numbers are fairly reasonable. I don't know that they'd get that much less for him after this season.

Diomedes

keeping all three is a Madden move.  in the real world, it doesn't happen unless the team has no other option.  Of course, this team has kept three starter-status cbs at once (sheppard/brown/samuel '08?) so maybe they do actually keep all three.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Eagaholic

I think the Eagles used the nickel in over 50% of their downs last year and 3 wide sets are more common than all other packages but the 2 WR sets put together iirc. Reid seems to have a strong preference for 3 good corners but just hasn't been able to do that in recent years.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on August 01, 2011, 10:04:25 PM
keeping all three is a Madden move.  in the real world, it doesn't happen unless the team has no other option.  Of course, this team has kept three starter-status cbs at once (sheppard/brown/samuel '08?) so maybe they do actually keep all three.

lol @ madden move...the nfl is a spread em wide and throw the ball around the field league...people talk about dallas but these moves are a direct shot across aaron rodgers bow not the cowboys
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Unless they upgrade at LB significantly, I expect and hope that they will be playing a proverbial shteinload of nickel.

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 02, 2011, 07:46:18 AM
Unless they upgrade at LB significantly, I expect and hope that they will be playing a proverbial shteinload of nickel.

Speaking of this, Reid hasn't ruled out adding another LB:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110802_Eagles_linebackers_thin_on_experience.html

Quote"I kind of like the group in there. I want to give them reps because we drafted these kids," Reid said last week. "I'm not going to tell you that we wouldn't add to that group. At the same time, a couple of those young guys have some talent, it looks like."

Casey Matthews has been getting positive reviews. Guess he worked out with his brother in the offseason.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They are young and athletic at LB, in theory. Wouldn't hurt to add a veteran with some instincts, but others are going elsewhere on the cheap. Can't imagine the point of adding a guy even cheaper than some of the deals we've seen for LB's (Tulloch, Barnett, Lawson) of late. Only thing that makes sense would be to get an absolute stud LB as part of a package in return for Asante. Otherwise, you keep him and make teams beat you the hard way.

Zanshin

Running unimpeded right up the gut is the hard way?

ice grillin you

legendary james starks did it the hard way
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Zanshin on August 02, 2011, 09:46:42 AM
Running unimpeded right up the gut is the hard way?

Yes. Especially if playing from behind. This is the "new" NFL.

Sgt PSN

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Sgt PSN

LBIggle

Quote from: Diomedes on August 01, 2011, 10:04:25 PM

taylor, vincent, harris as well. why not keep 3? i don't see the point of trading him for the sake of trading unless you can get a great return back for him.  it's a passing league.  the only thing they should pull the trigger for is a stud LB or OL.