What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on July 30, 2011, 03:36:57 PM
The Eagles now have arguably the top two (with apologies to Revis) cornerbacks in the league and another Pro Bowler to boot and you want one of them gone.

you really have an uncanny ability to not be able to read...it almost qualifies as a super power

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 03:01:40 PM
id rather have all three but if i move one its assante
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Hawk

It's a passing/quarterback league, so I see no reason why we have to trade one of them.  However, if the Eagles do feel the need to move one of them, than I'm voting for Asante too... DRC is going to be a stud playing next to Nnamdi.

Eagles_Legendz

Quote from: Feva on July 30, 2011, 03:18:11 PM
Asante was targeted 36 times last year. He picked off 7. 1 out of every 5 passes thrown at him he intercepted. Wouldn't exactly call that picked apart.

This.  I'm sick of listening to people on WIP/97.5 running out the line that Samuel gave up as many big plays as he made.  Dude apparently gave up less than 250 yards against him all year last year.  Two years ago I would have agreed with that but last year he was money.

Eagles_Legendz

And I agree if one is moved it'll be Samuel but lets not act like he wasn't really good last year. 

I hold onto him and if I'm blown out of the water by an offer I move him, especially since it seems like he still wants to be here.

ice grillin you

he was good last year just not as good as his stats or accolades would lead you to believe

put it this way hes closer to drc than he is assy but classy

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

MMH

Quote from: Eagles_Legendz on July 30, 2011, 04:02:15 PM
Quote from: Feva on July 30, 2011, 03:18:11 PM
Asante was targeted 36 times last year. He picked off 7. 1 out of every 5 passes thrown at him he intercepted. Wouldn't exactly call that picked apart.

This.  I'm sick of listening to people on WIP/97.5 running out the line that Samuel gave up as many big plays as he made.  Dude apparently gave up less than 250 yards against him all year last year.  Two years ago I would have agreed with that but last year he was money.

That's nice.  But the real problem was throwing swing passes behind his receiver, or running his way.  The dude can't tackle and hates contact.
Have to admit, that's DRC's MO as well.  Not sure about Nnamdi and tackling.

ice grillin you

its pretty much the MO of every CB in the league....we were spoiled as eagle fans with having sheldon for so long but the days of those type corners has been over for a while

my problem with assante is not that he doesnt tackle but that he doesnt listen and doesnt go with the system and pretty much does whatever the farg he wants to do on the field

General_Failure

That's okay, it just leaves more tackling for all those safeties and linebackers.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MMH

Too bad we don't have any of those, at least none worth mentioning.

PhillyPhreak54

I hope they keep all three. It would be dumb to give up Asante.

If they do deal him, do it for a good LB. Maybe David Harris from the Jets?

MMH

Giving Rex Ryan sloppy seconds w/ Asante for a decent LB would be pretty awesome.

ice grillin you

the eagles arent trading a top CB for a LB....youd have them trading their most prized position for a position they dont care about...just not gonna happen

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 30, 2011, 07:53:35 PM
the eagles arent trading a top CB for a LB....youd have them trading their most prized position for a position they dont care about...just not gonna happen

Agreed. Although they could ship him off for a pick then sign a guy like Barnett with the cap space.

My prediction is Asante is an Eagle next season. Season after next he gets moved. Same thing they did with Lito. DRC gets re-signed long term in the offseason.