What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

A OL or LB with legit starting pro bowl caliber. I immediately thought they would trade either DRC or Samuel as soon as I heard this. Could they be grooming ASOMUGHA for a future safety position or is he just too good of a CB to even consider this? The whole situation is very interesting to say the least.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MMH

Are you farging serious?  Of course he won't be moved to safety.

Rome

I know Roseman and Banner are detestable but after watching that news conference from yesterday I'm of the mind that the Philly hacks are actually worse.

Pathologically miserable, the lot of 'em.

General_Failure

According to Sal Pal, Asante has asked not to be traded.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: General_Failure on July 30, 2011, 12:36:02 PM
According to Sal Pal, Asante has asked not to be traded.

That and a buck could get him a double stack at Wendy's.

Drunkmasterflex

Listening to the interviews of Reid, Banner, and Roseman every time they are asked about keeping Samuel they never say that they will. They just talk about him being a good football player. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

they are clearly trying to flip him but im sure being in the no lose position they are that the price is exhorbitant...if they can steal something for him they definitely will...if not they go into the season with the best set of corners in the history of the nfl
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

I honestly hope they keep all three.  Who cares who starts?   I'm glad they got DRC but if it comes down to a choice, he goes and they keep Asante & Nnamdi.  And it's not even close.

ice grillin you

no way....drc is 25...you def keep him...i dont want two 30+ players at a position like cb

Rome

You would rather have DRC than Nnamdi or Asante?

Stop it.

ice grillin you

id rather have all three but if i move one its assante...he was nothing special last year...he got his normal picks from playing way off people but he also got picked apart a lot...is he better right this second than drc...yeah

but not enough to make up for being five years older...i also like drc's size...how great is it gonna be to have two 6-2 corners who are also sick athletes

Sgt PSN

Asante is def the odd man out.  However, the only thing they could probably get for him right now is 2012 draft picks.  So in that regard, I'd rather see the Eagles keep him this year and trade him before the draft. 

Feva

Asante was targeted 36 times last year. He picked off 7. 1 out of every 5 passes thrown at him he intercepted. Wouldn't exactly call that picked apart.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

Quote from: Feva on July 30, 2011, 03:18:11 PM
Asante was targeted 36 times last year. He picked off 7. 1 out of every 5 passes thrown at him he intercepted. Wouldn't exactly call that picked apart.

i dont buy those stats because they are so subjective...and thus are very often inaccurate

if assante is playing way off the line to try and goad the qb into a throw and doesnt make the play as happened so many times last year the statistician wont say he was "targeted" because he was playing an area and not a man...or if the eagles are in a zone and assante leaves his designated area to try and cheat for a pick elsewhere and a man in his zone ends up getting the ball that wouldnt be a targeted either

probably sounds like im killing the guy and i dont mean to because hes a really good corner...im more pointing out that i dont think the difference btwn him and drc is the grand canyon like a lot of people do...its more like the schuylkill river...and thats one of the reasons id move assante first...age being the main reason and size a factor as well

Rome

The Eagles now have arguably the top two (with apologies to Revis) cornerbacks in the league and another Pro Bowler to boot and you want one of them gone.

Is it because you're desperate to have something else to bitch about where it concerns Banner & Co.?

Seriously... unreal.