What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

Quote from: SunMo on April 24, 2012, 01:44:14 PM
as two time champ of the Eagles mock contest, let me say that it's not hard to figure out what they will do

Enlighten us. You don't even have to call the player, just the position.

ice grillin you

as two time champ of the Eagles mock contest, let me say that it's not hard to figure out what they will do

one is more than zero
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

Quote from: SD on April 24, 2012, 01:50:38 PM

Enlighten us. You don't even have to call the player, just the position.

i'll have my pick for you come Thursday.  i'm still doing research.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

ive never done it but to win that contest you theroretically dont need to get a single pick correct do you?....much less the first rounder...you just have to finish with one more point than second place

SunMo

i'm obviously farging around, but yeah.  i think i won one year because i predicted their 3rd round pick on the button.

another year i won because i picked the correct position in 2 rounds or something like that
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

what is it...position player round?...i thought there was one other thing to predict as well no?

i just remember trying to do it one year and literally almost losing my mind trying to come up with the list...it was so hard

SD

I liked the mock 1st round draft better than I did the mock Eagles Draft. But the Eagles one you got something like 10 points for correct player at their selection, 5 points for the correct player but wrong pick...or if you said they were going to pick a certain player but they wound up taking him in round 2, 2 points for the correct position or something like that.

I stopped doing it a few seasons ago when I went back to work full time, but if anyone wants to run it I'll send you my mock which I'll whip up here in a few minutes.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
what is it...position player round?...i thought there was one other thing to predict as well no?

i just remember trying to do it one year and literally almost losing my mind trying to come up with the list...it was so hard

Took this from one of the old mock draft threads:

Quote from: MURPScoring is as follows:

Correct draft slot, correct player = 10 pts
Correct player, Wrong draft slot = 6  pts
Wrong player, correct position = 2 pts

SD

Eskin's one of the biggest douchebags on the planet but he has his head up Reid/Banner/Roseman's ass so this report is probably legit. I'm going to laugh if someone overpays for Samuel. When I say overpay I mean the Eagles somehow wind up with a 3rd and only have to sacrifice a late pick like a 5th.

QuoteHoward Eskin ‏ @howardeskin
Its close to a" stone cold mortal lock" that eagles CB Asante Samuel will be traded to Atlanta before draft. Its hot between 2 teams now!

Eagaholic

Quote from: SD on April 24, 2012, 07:22:22 PM
Eskin's one of the biggest douchebags on the planet but he has his head up Reid/Banner/Roseman's ass so this report is probably legit. I'm going to laugh if someone overpays for Samuel. When I say overpay I mean the Eagles somehow wind up with a 3rd and only have to sacrifice a late pick like a 5th.

QuoteHoward Eskin ‏ @howardeskin
Its close to a" stone cold mortal lock" that eagles CB Asante Samuel will be traded to Atlanta before draft. Its hot between 2 teams now!

when did eskin say that?
I would think the lock is more dirt warm immortal since Brent Grimes signed his franchise tender today and is set to make more than Asante this year, while Dunta Robinson signed a big 6 year deal in 2010. Maybe king was played to put pressure on Grimes signing the tender if it was yesterdays post? Obviously no way Atl pays 3 CBs 8 - 10+ million. Even if Asante restructures, he won't be losing money.

SD

He reported it on Twitter and so did Schefter, and that was AFTER Grimes signed his tender

Eagaholic

Doesn't make sense to me, even after Robinson restructured his contract last month. Unless of course they do the right thing and take a ball peen hammer to Robinson's knees a few times, resulting in a non-football injury. If not, somebody needs to take him out when they play in Oct.

Maybe they let Grimes go after the year and keep his 10 million salary for '12.

reese125

who cares what the falcons are going to pay each corner---the position is highly coveted now a days considering whats going on around the league

from everything Im hearing they are very close to trading for asante

ice grillin you

plus they face eli - peyton - harrington - rivers - newton x 2 - brees x 2 - vick - romo this year

assante back to philly october 28

Zanshin

Realizing, of course, that they don't want to pay the dude, I'd still rather have Samuel for another year over whatever stiff they take with the late round pick they'll get for him.