What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I'm assuming he agreed to renegotiate his deal

ice grillin you

clayton said he hasnt yet but obviously that he would have to do that before a trade was made
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

Problem I have is they are banking on Cromartie who I don't really think is that good to begin with. No doubt Asante had some issues with his play on the field, but I can bet Cromartie will have more problems.

Opposing qb's will not be close to as reluctant throwing to that side of the field now as they did before.

ice grillin you

Quote from: phattymatty on April 22, 2012, 02:01:12 PM
awesome deal for denver if true.  still find it hard to believe they can't get more than a fifth though.

why not try to get a 2nd from the taterskins then just burn him deep 20 times next year.

football is a different beast

think about this for a second

albert puljos at age 32 gets a guaranteed 240 million over ten years

in hockey a zesty 31 year old goalie gets 9 and 51 mil

and in football a team is hoping they can get a 6th round draft pick for a 31 year old top corner who has to take a huge pay cut for the deal to even happen

ice grillin you

Quote from: reese125 on April 22, 2012, 02:10:12 PM
Problem I have is they are banking on Cromartie who I don't really think is that good to begin with. No doubt Asante had some issues with his play on the field, but I can bet Cromartie will have more problems.

Opposing qb's will not be close to as reluctant throwing to that side of the field now as they did before.

no ones scared of assante anymore...he plays off corners like he always has but age has taken away his jump on the ball and thus his play making ability....and thats all he had...when you are a one trick pony and that one trick is a quick hitch that no longer is there because of age you tend to fall off and fall off really effin fast....and thats where we are with assante

SD

DRC played fine when he played outside, when he played inside he was burned because he's not a slot corner. Tall corners traditionally struggle with inside coverage since slot guys are usually the 3rd WR/work the middle of the field/smaller framed types.

reese125

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2012, 02:13:37 PM

no ones scared of assante anymore...he plays off corners like he always has but age has taken away his jump on the ball and thus his play making ability....and thats all he had...when you are a one trick pony and that one trick is a quick hitch that no longer is there because of age you tend to fall off and fall off really effin fast....and thats where we are with assante

Not according to the numbers. Id have to find it, but Asante was ranked I think number 2 in passes thrown his direction last season.

Im not saying hes not going to fall hard at some point, and maybe it does happen next year but it hasn't happened yet. Difference is (and I can't fault them because they usually are right) the Eagles will always go by their release methods and there is no changing that.

ice grillin you

focusing to much on dumb numbers in any sport is foolish but especially so in football

you could see with your plain eyes last year that the guy had lost his jump on the ball and was getting hurt in the deep flat on numerous occasions

remember babin had a million sacks last year too

reese125

You don't have to focus--just don't be oblivious to the fact. Qb's didn't throw his direction.

ice grillin you

please watch games and stop reading pro football focus

reese125

We are all anxiously awaiting your scouting blog Mike. Let's go already.

ice grillin you

reese125

thats exactly right--a journalist pulled it and put it in his article about corners in the nfl.

but let's catch up later.

ice grillin you

quick!!...go check the numbers so you can determine how well assante played last year

reese125

quick....push the play and record button at the same time on your VCR and tell us all how many times you "clearly" saw him mess plays up