What would you trade Asante Samuel for?

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, July 29, 2011, 06:47:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

Yeah, I know.  And it wouldn't matter to me even a little bit.  But you know how the Eagles are when it comes to the "d" word.  Well, other than their head coach, anyway.

ice grillin you

if its true that andy got his PP power back from howie combned with andy pretty much having to win this year i think its safe to say that the rules are there are no rules as far as who the eagles take
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

i will take anyone from bama or lsu's defense with the first pick and be happy. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 25, 2012, 07:30:59 PM
if its true that andy got his PP power back from howie combned with andy pretty much having to win this year i think its safe to say that the rules are there are no rules as far as who the eagles take

Well, you can definitely assume that they will focus more on guys who already play at a high level versus "high ceiling" guys - also might see some pick-for-player trades to add some ready veteran depth.

PhillyPhreak54

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/28/samuel-could-be-shipped-to-titans-soon/

QuotePer Gunn, the Eagles would receive a conditional third-round pick.  Which could mean that the pick would come in the 2013 draft based on Samuel's performance in 2012, since the only condition that would apply before the 2012 draft would relate to signing Samuel to a new contract.

SD

If they can get a 3rd for him then job well done.

ice grillin you

i cant imagine it would ever actually end up being a third...i bet to get a third the titans would have to make the afc championship game or something that isnt realistically attainable...however if it starts at a third then that means that a 4th is probably realistic and that would be very good

SD

Rumor is it's a 2013 3rd as long as he restructures his deal or re-signs or something like that. If this deal happens, I hope they combine it with their early 2nd and a later pick to move up for Barron.

PoopyfaceMcGee

They can't trade a conditional pick until the results of the condition are known. Freaking awful IMO. If this is make or break for Andy and he has personnel sign-off, he must actually believe the team will be better without Asante. Which means he's going to "goof" again.

ice grillin you

thats definitely part of it but assante loves andy and i think he could get him to play...at least as much as assante will actually put forth max effort...

the bigger problem is that none of their three corners can play the slot...so i think andy feels better with joselio in there and move one of the other guys

General_Failure

I recall a stat breakdown somewhere that said Nnamdi was okay in the slot, but he's not exactly the guy you really want in that position.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

nm

ice grillin you

Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean reports that the Titans' interest is lukewarm at best and adds that there's no way the team would give up a conditional third-round pick for him.

reese125

FOX Sports Detroit's Mike O'Hara reports that the Lions departed this week's Owners Meetings with a "buzz" that they remain interested in Asante Samuel after last year's failed attempt to acquire him.

O'Hara is a longtime Lions beat writer, and it should be noted that he called the team's 2011 signing of Justin Durant long before it happened. As O'Hara notes, cornerback remains an area of need in Detroit, so it's reasonable to think the Lions might take another crack at Samuel. The Lions offered two second-day picks for Samuel last summer. He may only cost one this year.
Related: Lions
Source: FOX Sports Detroit Mar 29 - 12:43 PM