Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

did someone really sit back...ponder....then write that thinking it would be funny?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

It is funny in the sense that there's a gazillion people out there who thinks its real. Andy Kauffman approves of this style if humor.

ice grillin you

america being filled with idiots should be filed under depressing not funny

Sgt PSN

In that case, then this country has been clinically depressed since whitey showed up a few hundred years ago.

Sgt PSN

Remember that story about a buddy of mine who died and his wife still leaving him I Love You notes on his FB?  Of course you don't.  So here's a refresher....

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 17, 2012, 10:48:20 PM
A guy who worked for me from 2002-04 died earlier this year.  His wife was kind enough to update his account in the days following his death with some details about how it happened and also with funeral arrangements.  He wasn't married when I worked with him and haven't seen him since, so I never met his wife and naturally, I'm not friends with her on FB, so the updates to his account were nice of her to do. 

But since then, I'll occasionally see something from his account on my news feed.  No status updates, but she'll post new (old) pictures of him or I'll see Barry likes Batman or Pittsburgh Steelers or whatever else he was into.  This happened today (He "liked" a local BBQ joint and ironically, he died of a heart attack) and I clicked on his profile and saw that his wife was still leaving him little I Love You notes and other people were still commenting about how much they miss him.  It's kind of weird.   

So is it cool to block or unfriend a dead guy? 

I never "unfriended" the dude but I got a FB reminder that today is his birthday.  Checked his page and saw dozens and dozens of birthday wishes.  Ok, so aside from the fact that it's really farging weird to say Happy Birthday to a dead dude, one of the comments left on his page was:

QuoteHappy Birthday!  We miss you so much but I bet your having the BEST birthday ever with Jesus.  God Bless You!

Reading that actually made my brain melt a little. 

MDS

pretty sure jesus isnt that low down to go to your lame friends super lame birthday party
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Zanshin

Maybe she meant Jesus in the Spanish way. Like maybe he had a landscaper who died in a terrible mowing accident, and now they can chill together. Have to cover all the angles.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Didn't they do that same list before? 

Zanshin

Pretty mediocre list.

Diomedes

Because I'm involved in my local politics, I've been sucked into using this social media site:

https://nextdoor.com/

I hate it, but I can't really stay informed without it.  Ugh.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Wanted to check that site out but they require your street address as part of sign up.  No thanks.  Don't see why they want or need more than a zip code.  Not a big deal though.  I doubt there's more than 5 people from my town who use it....if even that many.   

ice grillin you

even more so they want your email

farg that shtein

General_Failure

Jeez, why can't they use a Facebook login like everything else?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

A really good friend of mine has a kid who is like 11 years old and is already extremely tech savvy.  So she let him have a FB account that he gets on like maybe once or twice a week.  This is what he has to say today:

QuoteGlasses come in tomorrow. Getting them on friday. Mom, go get me a wendys chicken sandwich with no mayo.

I'm seriously laughing my ass off at this.