Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

this news really saddens me....aim was my shtein back in the day....it was like facebook...twitter and drunk texting all rolled into one

http://gizmodo.com/5893031/aim-is-unofficially-dead
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

More than a third of divorce filings last year contained the word Facebook, according to a U.K. survey by Divorce Online, a legal services firm. And over 80% of U.S. divorce attorneys say they've seen a rise in the number of cases using social networking, according to the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. "I see Facebook issues breaking up marriages all the time," says Gary Traystman, a divorce attorney in New London, Conn.

Zanshin

That's a bit of a red herring. Facebook issues don't break up marriages. Pre-existing issues make it onto Facebook, just like before that it was cell phone logs, etc. Facebook itself doesn't break people up, but it's a public forum where the light can shine on existing issues, and it's a historical reference that can be used in court. It's a form of documenting issues.

ice grillin you

who knows exactly what the % is but facebook absolutely does break up marriages...the number of splits due to being able to find ex Hoyda so easily has to be significant on its own

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

Classified ads Chat rooms Dating Sites MySpace Facebook is ruining marriages.

hbionic

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 22, 2012, 03:26:47 PM
Classified ads Chat rooms Dating Sites MySpace Facebook being human is ruining marriages.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

SD

Classified ads Chat rooms Dating Sites MySpace Facebook women are batshtein crazy.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: hbionic on May 22, 2012, 03:57:40 PM
Classified ads Chat rooms Dating Sites MySpace Facebook being human is ruining marriages.

That was pretty much the point.  People been farging up their marriages long before facebook came around. 

Rome

Anyone in particular?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 22, 2012, 04:36:31 PM
Quote from: hbionic on May 22, 2012, 03:57:40 PM

That was pretty much the point.  People been farging up their marriages long before facebook came around.

nowhere has anyone said the first divorce happened with the advent of facebook...just that its has made it much easier and its also more popular than all those others things you mentioned put together

Sgt PSN

When Jimmy Buffett writes a song about cheating on your significant other using facebook, I'll believe you.

Cheaters gonna cheat.  FB might make it a little easier to do it but I don't beleive for an instant that some guy who is scouring FB looking for some tail wouldn't be looking to cheat if he didn't have the internet.   

hbionic

Do people really look to cheat or does it just happen?

Guy 1: "Hey, what you doing tonight?"

Guy 2: "Nothing much...I had a long week, I was in the mood for some cheating. Wanna come with?"

Guy 1: "Naw...I'm cool, I'm just going to make love to my boyfriend. Wanna come with?"

hbionic

Alternate ending:

Guy 2: "No thanks, I hate gays"

Guy 1: "Just kidding, I'm not gay. I was going to have sex with your wife while you were away cheating"