Rest Of Baseball - 2011

Started by ice grillin you, March 31, 2011, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on December 13, 2011, 07:46:14 AM
Quote"It's just like God," [Mrs. Pujols] said at the end of the interview, "to put us on a team called the Angels."

Ugh...

Sounds more like Mrs. Tebow
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PoopyfaceMcGee

JC Romero to the Cards official. News!

BigEd76

Mat Latos to the Reds for Edinson Volquez, Yonder Alonso and two minor leaguers

PhillyPhreak54

Rangers won the Yu Darvish sweepstakes. They bid something like $52M for his rights. Insane.

BigEd76

Nats got Gio Gonzalez for Tom Milone and 3 of their top 9 prospects

Geowhizzer

Rome

SD

Why is that wtf? It makes sense from the Cards and Beltran's perspective.

SunMo

the real wtf is on the giants side.  they gave up good prospects for beltran and didn't even try to re-sign him.  instead they spend more money on mediocre pitching.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Rome

Over/under on how many games Beltran actually plays in baseball heaven?

150 over two years??

BigEd76

Andrew Bailey to the Sox in a 5-player deal, so that eliminates another place for Madson

SD

Wonder if he regrets declining arbitration. Phils should throw an offer to him to see if he takes it...maybe they can lowball him.

PhillyPhreak54

Smugly would be dripping with extra smugness if that happened....you'd be able to sop that shtein up off the podium with a sponge if he got Madson back on the cheap.

I agree they should throw a deal at him and see if he comes crawling back. But I doubt that happens - Boras likes to wait wait wait and with pitching at a premium he will find a spot for him.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 28, 2011, 09:02:03 PM
Smugly would be dripping with extra smugness if that happened

that would be a joke because smugerson could have had madson at less than half the price as paplebon....madson still being available doesnt shine a good light on smugs it shines a horrible light on the fact that he went out on a spaz mission and massively overpaid for a closer in a closers market
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous