Rest Of Baseball - 2011

Started by ice grillin you, March 31, 2011, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i challenge anyone to look at the dodgers lineup besides matt kemp without puking

its make the phils look like the 27 yanks
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Pujols and Vernon Wells by themselves would be a higher payroll than 4 MLB teams

awesome

ice grillin you

that doesnt seem possible...dont they together make only like 46 mil this year?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on December 08, 2011, 12:01:24 PM
that doesnt seem possible...dont they together make only like 46 mil this year?

Indeed, sir. *Only* $46 million.

ice grillin you

choke and halladay make 40 and they didnt even hit the open market

plus 46 mil in terms of 2011 payrolls would only rank 27th....choke and lee would rank 29

theyd have to make a combined 86 mil to come in at 17

BigEd76

It'll be more than the Royals, Rays, Pirates and Padres.  The 17 was a joke

ice grillin you

its relatively not that much...its only 5-6 mil more than any combo of halladay lee and choke...its less than any combo of tex cc and arod

the albert contract per year is not bad at all...the ten years is what is significant and what makes it a bad deal

MDS

id take pujols for 30 years if it means getting rid of that choke contract
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteHouston native and Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman James Loney was arrested in November after allegedly smashing his Maserati into three cars and later spit at a police officer, according to a report by TMZ.

Loney was arrested because he was believed to be under the influence of drugs after he swerved into one car and careened into two others.

Loney was "restless, unsteady, aggressive and irritable," according to the report.

Loney was asked what day it was and he replied "7/15 and Saturday." Well, it was Nov. 14 and a Monday.

When he was transported to a nearby hospital, he became "uncooperative." When an officer attempted to give him a breathalyzer test, Looney, according to the report, bit off the mouthpiece and spit it back at the cop.

Cops say they obtained a blood sample to test drugs and alcohol, and it came back negative, actually.

Loney played at Elkins High School in Missouri City from 2000-2002. He was the 2002 Houston Chronicle Player of the Year after hitting .509 with a 9-1 record and a 1.80 ERA as a pitcher.

Loney was a first-round draft pick by the Dodgers, 19th overall. He signed with Baylor out of high school, but opted to play pro.

TMZ reports the case is with the L.A. City Attorney's Office.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 08, 2011, 02:40:34 PM
Loney was asked what day it was and he replied "7/15 and Saturday." Well, it was Nov. 14 and a Monday.

Hahahaha

SunMo

holy shtein, Ryan Braun tested positive for a PED

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

Ryan Braun, BUSTED.  Performance-enhancing drugs.  Of course pleading "I didn't know"
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: SunMo on December 10, 2011, 07:53:58 PM
holy shtein, Ryan Braun tested positive for a PED

Can't wait until his first visit to CBP!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Cards signed Furcal to 2 year deal.  Welcome back Jimmy.

Munson

That kinda sucks about Braun because unlike Manny he's not a complete icehole.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds