Rest Of Baseball - 2011

Started by ice grillin you, March 31, 2011, 01:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Apparently death made Ron Santo a better player - whatever the Veterans Committee goes by now has elected him to the Hall of Fame.

PhillyPhreak54

Nats are apparently offering CJ Wilson a 6yr deal.

He's cashing in big time on a weak SP market.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Marlins still after Pujols but may apparently have to trade Hanley Ramirez. Excitement.

PhillyPhreak54

Mets sign Jon Rauch (were talking to Lidge too)

They also traded Angel Pagan to SF for Andres Torres and Ramon Ramirez

Edit - they signed Frank Francisco too

PoopyfaceMcGee

Marlins "emotionally moving on" from Pujols and signed Buerhle instead.

MDS

hes going to be garbage in the NL but will dominate the phillies
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

3 teams in running for Pujols:

Angels
Cardinals
mystery team (not confirmed to be actually is the Cubs)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ok, maybe not the Cubs... Per Stark:

QuoteDefinitely less skepticism now that unidentified 3rd team in Pujols bidding is real. Appears to be a club that needs to move its current 1B

Apparently Sox fans thought they might be the mystery team, but ESPN is reporting that Pujols is taking a 10-year offer from the Angels.

Sgt PSN

Going to the Angels for 10 yr $250 mil

SD

Quote from: Sgt PSN on December 08, 2011, 10:15:25 AM
Going to the Angels for 10 yr $250 mil

damn...was really hoping the Phils were the mystery team and that Howard was being shipped to St. Louis. Oh well.

Sgt PSN

Money factor aside, it's smart of him to sign with an AL team where he might actually play out the life of that contract.

phattymatty

Quote from: FastFreddie on December 08, 2011, 06:18:11 AM
Ok, maybe not the Cubs... Per Stark:

QuoteDefinitely less skepticism now that unidentified 3rd team in Pujols bidding is real. Appears to be a club that needs to move its current 1B

Apparently Sox fans thought they might be the mystery team, but ESPN is reporting that Pujols is taking a 10-year offer from the Angels.

Granted I'm not too in the know with baseball contracts, but why would the Sox have to move Adrien Gonzalez?

ice grillin you

hes the best fielding first baseman in the majors and wouldnt wanna dh

they dont wanna go over the luxury tax
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

oh i thought that meant they were already trying to move him before pujols. that makes sense then.

BigEd76

LA gave 5/$77.5M to Wilson too