Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyGirl

Retiring as an Eagle on Saturday and #20 being officially retired
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Zanshin

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 24, 2012, 09:20:46 AM
Retiring as an Eagle on Saturday and #20 being officially retired

Wow. That would be great.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 24, 2012, 09:39:44 AM
http://www.takingit2thehouse.com/2012/04/brian-dawkins-calls-it-a-career-will-retire-as-an-eagle-saturday-by-matt-lombardo/

Not arguing whether or not he'll retire as an Eagle but that site isn't legit and I know of Matt Lombardo. He's trying to get his foot in the door in sports radio/journalism. Just saying.

PhillyGirl

I know Matt. What's your point? They're not retiring his number or as an Eagle? Lol. Do you just post shtein to see your words in black and white?

ice grillin you

saturday seems like a really strange day to do it....why would they bury it on a weekend during the nfl draft
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 24, 2012, 09:42:45 AM
I know Matt. What's your point? They're not retiring his number or as an Eagle? Lol. Do you just post shtein to see your words in black and white?

Yes that's what I do. I wasn't even arguing that...I realize they're retiring his number because the Eagles publicly said they would, but I heard his interview and he didn't indicate one way or another whether he'd retire as an Eagle. He seemed pretty bitter about the way things ended. Ulitmately I think he'll retire with the Birds because of the fans.

And my point was that www.takingit2thehouse.com is not a legit source. Find me another person who thinks it is. I can just hear ESPN breaking news "According to Matt Lombardo from takingit2thehouse.com Brian Dawkins will retire as an Eagle".

Sgt PSN

They aren't burying it, theyre using is as an excuse to not draft a safety.

"why would we draft a safety when we signed Brian Dawkins?"

Rome

Quote from: Sgt PSN on April 24, 2012, 09:49:29 AM
They aren't burying it, theyre using is as an excuse to not draft a safety.

"why would we draft a safety when we signed Brian Dawkins?"

He'd still be light years better than what they have now.

PhillyGirl

PoopyfaceMcGee

For the record, I still think the Eagles made an alright call by not keeping him. Name all the big plays he had for Denver. Not many. You can't pay a guy millions a year to be the best damn cheerleader on the team. No one will ever remember him as a Bronco, because he played all the best years of his career in Philly.

Look at the damn Phillies - wish they'd learn a thing or two about paying players for past performance. Now they have one of the highest paid and least healthy/talented rosters in the bigs. Go team.

Point is there is a balance here... and just because Dawkins was beloved and just because the Eagles did a zesty job replacing him does NOT mean letting him go was a bad call.

phattymatty

SunMo

he was a productive player for them, which is more than you can say for Macho Harris or Quentin Demps.

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.