Random Eagles Information Still Not Worthy of a New Thread

Started by PoopyfaceMcGee, March 24, 2011, 11:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

You don't bring in a new HC on a year where you've got a zesty first round draft spot and potentially four long term veteran starters leaving or retiring. You lame duck it, make your struggling quarterback change coordinators four years in a row, draft his replacement because you run a QB factory, and see if there's a decent market for your top 10 WR when he demands a trade.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

And count your fresh millions adding to your stale billions. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD

Gonna glass half full this:

I don't mind running it back. I realize last year was a disaster and despite the 10-1 start they just seemed off...but they're only a year removed from almost winning a SB. I still believe in the talent on the roster.

I really wanted a defensive philosophy change from Fangio. It's too dependent on the front 4 getting pressure. With that said Fangio's a better coach than Gannon/Desai and Patricia. The players already know the scheme and he's a disciplinarian. I'm optimistic with the secondary. Slay's fine. Blankenship has shown flashes. Fans love Sydney Brown...I thought he looked clueless in coverage and was a poor tackler but the potential is there. Ringo was good at the end of the year and he has the tools and raw ability. If they keep Maddox around and he can stay healthy he's still a decent slot cb. Also throw Isiah Rodgers into the mix. Maybe add a Jaylon Johnson/Sneed...maybe trade for Alexander if the asking price isn't too steep. Get a thumper and actual depth at LB. See who falls in the draft...there should be some decent cbs around at 22.

Offensively they just need a few pieces...a legit wr3...let's see what Moore can do with Hurts.

The free agent market is loaded

Sirriani as just the hc with good coordinators worked last year no reason it couldn't work again with two competent experienced coordinators.

Diomedes

I'm glass is 75% full, yo.  It fell apart this year.  shtein happens.  It's hard to win in the NFL.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Diomedes on January 28, 2024, 11:30:40 AMI'm glass is 75% full, yo.  It fell apart this year.  shtein happens.  It's hard to win in the NFL.

Especially for the eagles
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Which one of the dipshteins on WIP or 97.5 are trying to run AJ Brown outta town?

farging idiots.

SD

I think wip was talking would you trade brown for surtain earlier. There's nothing to talk about until baseball season starts. The flyers are lol and nobody cares enough to call about the Sixers until the trade deadline and the second round of the playoffs

MDS

yea its typical dead period WIP nonsense. theyre basically fox news but philly sports...just feeding red meat to their decaying audience. very easy stuff to ignore.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

What a brain dead topic. For years people clamored for a stud WR. Get not one but two and the dickhead brigade is getting cute with trade proposals.

Probably some analytics nerd thinking Quez can step up.

Don Ho

Quote from: SD on January 30, 2024, 10:34:33 PMI think wip was talking would you trade brown for surtain earlier. There's nothing to talk about until baseball season starts. The flyers are lol and nobody cares enough to call about the Sixers until the trade deadline and the second round of the playoffs

This. 

Fake trade scenarios >>> Tua tossing a football at an inflatable moving target in the skills competition
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Doug Nussmeier, I'm ok with it.  Someone mentioned earlier about the Chargers and Herbert.  They all get a pass as the Chargers were a mess with injuries, moron for a HC and clueless owner. 
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on February 04, 2024, 05:46:32 AMDoug Nussmeier, I'm ok with it.  Someone mentioned earlier about the Chargers and Herbert.  They all get a pass as the Chargers were a mess with injuries, moron for a HC and clueless owner. 

he spent six months with herbert who was already great before he arrived... regardless of how last year went for them i dont think should affect anyones opinion on nussmeier
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

True, I was more hoping people wouldn't pile on and start saying oh look how bad the chargers were last year and try to blame people like him and Kellen Moore when in fact, the chargers were in a world of hurt last year literally and physically.

Don Ho

6 years ago last night, SB LII happenend.  Guess we did sell our souls for that one. Flyers worst stretch in 20 years, Hart up for rape.  Sixers and dink, clang, doink, in, can't get out of their own way in the playoffs, now JoJo. Phillies up 2-1 in WS, get no hit at home, Dbacks fiasco. Birds and Alshon INT, Wentz drilled by Clowney, 10 point half time lead in SB last year, 10-1 to 1-6. And we pray.

SD

Quote from: Don Ho on February 05, 2024, 05:56:17 AM6 years ago last night, SB LII happenend.  Guess we did sell our souls for that one. Flyers worst stretch in 20 years, Hart up for rape.  Sixers and dink, clang, doink, in, can't get out of their own way in the playoffs, now JoJo. Phillies up 2-1 in WS, get no hit at home, Dbacks fiasco. Birds and Alshon INT, Wentz drilled by Clowney, 10 point half time lead in SB last year, 10-1 to 1-6. And we pray.

Was definitely worth it