Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

You vent about Banner Inc. like most other men vent about their wives.   It's amusing but ultimately like listening to your buddies bitch about their wives it gets mind-numbing hearing the same tired refrains.

Again I started the thread so ultimately I'm complicit in this but how about something new and refreshing to complain about?  Like whitey or cancelled tv shows, for instance?

ice grillin you

starting the thread is the best thing you could have done...it gives me a rubber room to bounce around in and it gives you every other thread on the board to not have to read it
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

reese125

"It doesnt matter all that much that we keep losing....just look how big that screen is."

ice grillin you

Rome

Jerrah: This is how big T.O.'s ass was after I got done farging it.

Jeffy:  Uhhh...

Rome

"This is the best way to hold the Lombardi Trophy."

Don Ho

Quote from: reese125 on March 04, 2011, 10:14:51 AM
"It doesnt matter all that much that we keep losing....just look how big that screen is."

:yay
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

Quote"Well, I think, as briefly as I can, there are a number of non-dollar issues," Banner said.  "There are things I've mentioned around the offseason work schedule, life-long health benefits, a legitimate way to try to address the players that retired before 1993 that we all recognize are an important part of where we are today, improved work conditions, health insurance, the issue of 16 games vs. 18 games. On those positions, the specific proposals that the union made on almost all of those issues were adopted or virtually adopted in the league's final proposal. So obviously there were a significant number of consequential concessions, from our perspective, in that. Then, as I just mentioned, the league held very firm on a rookie system that was a significant change from the first round previously but offered to maintain the position for all the other draft picks consistent with what it was developing from 2008, 2009, 2010 and would continue to progress, and did seek a significant restructuring of the first round.

"Really to say that, fairly, a really significant restructuring of probably about the first dozen picks, a moderate restructuring maybe of the next dozen picks then a very slight restructuring of the 10 picks who would follow after that. And then with respect to the economics, we would split the difference which, as I just said, left from our perspective the veterans in a position because of the adjustments to the rookie pool to actually be similar to, in a very short time significantly better off, than they were under the old proposals. It seems like other than the sacrifices being asked of the first-round draft picks, that was a very significant move in a fairly neutral place. I don't think anybody had illusions that they were going to come back and say yes. But certainly a place from which was very reasonable to anticipate a continuation of negotiations and it certainly warranted a counter-proposal reflective of that kind of movement or affirmation of some of the issues that have been negotiated over the week of the players' position of those issues.

"I think in summary that's why. I mean I think the one specific part of it I could add, if you looked going forward over the next four years this would produce somewhere between $19 and $20 billion dollars in cap and benefits for the players. If you look back at the last four years, that number was a little bit over $17 billion dollars. I know we're talking numbers that are hard for the average fan to relate to, but you are talking about a significant increase over the next four years vs. the past four years in the combination of cap and benefits to the players and in a formula that accomplishes what the owners needed to do in there to be able to get the game and keep it as strong as it is by doing things like investing in stadiums and investing in the NFL Network and assuming the operating costs on these new stadiums. That was long-winded, but I think that's why we thought it was a fair proposal and one that certainly would warrant a continuation of discussions."

anyone want to translate this into english? ff after hes done jerking off to the idea of the top 1% getting richer?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on March 17, 2011, 01:06:27 AM
QuoteI know we're talking numbers that are hard for the average fan to relate to

Ah, yeah.

ice grillin you

i love how looking out for the players health and general well being is considered a concession

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 17, 2011, 09:42:26 AM
i love how looking out for the players health and general well being is considered a concession

Ha. farging exactly.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MDS on March 17, 2011, 01:06:27 AM
ff after hes done jerking off

I'm never really "done" in the true sense of the word.

ice grillin you

Dear Eagles Fans,

Today, May 12 between 1:00-1:30PM, we are inviting you to participate in an EXCLUSIVE FAN FORUM call with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Philadelphia Eagles President Joe Banner, and Eagles Insider Dave Spadaro. Join other Eagles fans as they ask questions LIVE about the recent NFL Draft and the current status of the labor situation.

The Fan Forum will last approximately 30 minutes.

Using the daytime phone number listed with your Eagles account, we will be calling you around 1:00pm EST today. All you need to do to participate is answer the phone!
It is FREE to participate.

If you miss the call and would like to join the Fan Forum, please dial 1-877-229-8493 and enter PIN 15427. There is a limited amount of room for call-ins so the best way to join the Fan Forum is by picking up the phone when you receive the call around 1:00pm today.

We are looking forward to connecting with you this afternoon!

The Philadelphia Eagles

gotta love how they try and draw you into a propagandist phone call having to do with the lock out by saying its about the recent nfl draft AND the "labor situation"