Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

As crazy as it sounds I have to agree with igy. Lurie/Banner follow a responsible corporate model for a business. They wanted to make money, so they rejuvenated the franchise by changing the uniforms, building a new stadium, trying to change fan behavior etc. On their end sure they're making money, from a fans perspective I don't feel the connection with the team like I used to. This past decade the fan to team connection has gotten worse. I don't feel like the Linc is the fans stadium like I did the Vet. Sure the Vet was a shtein hole that didn't have enough of anything but I always felt like I was among family and friends there. When I'm at the Linc I feel like I'm at a corporate sponsored event surrounded by a bunch of average fans. The average fan in the 80's/90's was a 40 year old drunk from Fishtown whose entire life was the Eagles, now the average fan is either some old businessman or annoying college kid.
I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could chose the midnight green over the kelly green. For whatever reason the Lurie's feel the kelly green is associated with losing. But ask any fan and they'll all tell you they prefer them over the midnight green. I'm so sick of the midnight green jerseys representing the franchise. I feel disconnected from the team because they're not giving the fans what they want.
And igy is right about Dawkins. It really has nothing to do with his level of play, and everything to do with the fans connection to the players. Even in the early part of 2000 fans connected with Hugh/Trotter/Simon/Dawkins but now that's over. Which player do you REALLY feel represents the Eagles right now? I love Cole but he's nowhere close to one of the defenders I listed.

The capper for me will be when they install solar panels and wind turbines.

ice grillin you

yeah thats an important point too...and one that people who watch games at home cant touch or feel...and thats the hideous atmosphere that exists in the linc now compared to what it was at the vet

also things would be even worse if the fans didnt stand up and protest things like hoagiegate and the gestapo tailgating rules they tried to implement

we are a long way from andy reid handing out donuts to fans in a ticket line

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Glad I missed this whiny garbage and am looking forward to the Phillies season giving you guys something else to complain about.

And yes, IGY has spawn. I only remember because he posted a pic of a stark white aryan (sp?) child, and that was when I found out that IGY was actually a white guy who speaks in ebonics and not a real live straight homey.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagles_Legendz

One other thing I've noticed, if you want to talk about how much the passion has been sapped out of the fanbase, is if you listen to WIP, you never hear anyone calling up doing Eagles chants.  It sounds like a stupid way to judge the city, but the fervor is gone.  I don't know if it's just a saturation from the Reid era, but no one can honestly say the city is anywhere near as passionate about the team as they were in the beginning of the decade.  I just don't get the vibe that the Eagles are a way of life for people like they were 8-10 years ago.  Maybe the Phillies have supplanted them, I'm not sure, but the emotional level in the fanbase doesn't exist like it did.

Rome

They didn't make a mistake releasing him.  They made a mistake not adequately replacing him. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

SunMo

Gargano came up with a term after 2005...Eagles fatigue

i think until they get rid of Reid it's going to continue to present itself in the fanbase. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 03, 2011, 09:25:05 AM
They didn't make a mistake releasing him.  They made a mistake not adequately replacing him.  

same thing in this case....but again you are talking on the field....we are talking off

even if they had better replaced him tho it wouldnt have changed the anger in the fanbase over them letting him go

SD

Quote from: SunMo on March 03, 2011, 09:28:04 AM
Gargano came up with a term after 2005...Eagles fatigue

i think until they get rid of Reid it's going to continue to present itself in the fanbase. 

Outstanding

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 03, 2011, 09:32:42 AM
Quote from: Rome on March 03, 2011, 09:25:05 AM
They didn't make a mistake releasing him.  They made a mistake not adequately replacing him.  

same thing in this case....but again you are talking on the field....we are talking off

even if they had better replaced him tho it wouldnt have changed the anger in the fanbase over them letting him go

Irrational Eagles fans maybe.  Dawkins was done and Denver made him a retarded offer. He was smart to take it and the Eagles were smart to pass.  People who still hold grudges either way are idiots.

PoopyfaceMcGee

charlie

It's been a half a century since they won a title, no one person is to blame for that... once you come to terms with the definition of "eagles football" which is underachieving futility, the less likely you'll be to die of a stroke.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 03, 2011, 10:29:52 AM
Irrational Eagles fans maybe.  Dawkins was done and Denver made him a retarded offer. He was smart to take it and the Eagles were smart to pass.  People who still hold grudges either way are idiots.

for a short post all kinds of wrong goin on in there

1. dawkins wasnt done
2. the offer wasnt close to retarded
3. eagles werent smart to pass
4. no ones holding a grudge

and for the 1000th time we arent talking about on the field...even if dawkins was done it was still an assinine move that accomplished absolutely nothing but to alienate the franchise further away from the fans than it already was