Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Post everything about that icehole here and here only.

Please.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eagles_Legendz

SD

ice grillin you

the official banner inc thread please
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

R Diddy ladies and gentlemen!

QuoteQuestion: This year seems particularly crucial to the Eagles. I believe the pressure is being felt by Lurie and Company to ante up and bring in some talent. Despite the naysayers, I do believe the Eagles ownership wants to win a Super Bowl as much as the most passionate fans for their own validation amongst their (NFL) peers.

Larry Conner

Answer: You would have trouble convincing most Eagles fans, especially after Joe Banner's recent comments suggesting that "on balance" the Eagles have been as successful as the Steelers because they have been to the playoffs nine times in the last 11 years and the Steelers have not. If your goal really is to win the Super Bowl then you wouldn't think that way. You would know you aren't even in the same discussion with the Steelers who have been to three Super Bowls in that time and won twice. We won't even mention the four Lombardi Trophies they won in the '70s.

The Eagles under Jeff Lurie and Banner have done a very good job staying competitive and "in the mix" as they say. It is not easy to be in the playoff race year after year with the way the NFL is set up now. Very few teams have been able to do it as consistently as the Eagles and they deserve credit for that. But you do get the feeling the front office sees that as proof they are one of the elite teams and while they want to win a Super Bowl, the coming up short each year doesn't pain them as much as it does the fans. The Eagles still see it as a good season – "on balance" – while the fans see it as the same unhappy ending.

The Eagles front office should adopt two simple rules when addressing the world outside the Nova Care Complex. One, don't draw any parallels between your organization and an organization that has won a Super Bowl. Until you've done it, you're not in the club and, two, stop talking about winning "championships" plural. Win one and then we can roll out the "s".
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

so now they are the black and gold standard?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

MDS

where is that salary cap champions picture with a sneering banner? from a few years back? i need that.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mussa

Not to mention the NFC has had weak competition for the majority of those 9 years. Joe Banner can suck it. I have a lot more respect for those who admit they made mistakes and move on. These clowns just can't admit defeat and keep shoveling fans the bullshtein.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Don Ho

"In the mix".  Gotta love it.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Don Ho

QuoteThe Eagles front office should adopt two simple rules when addressing the world outside the Nova Care Complex. One, don't draw any parallels between your organization and an organization that has won a Super Bowl. Until you've done it, you're not in the club and, two, stop talking about winning "championships" plural. Win one and then we can roll out the "s".

This.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Satin on Mikey Miss tomorrow at 5 PM.

Tomahawk