Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: General_Failure on March 03, 2011, 08:14:57 PM
You guys seem to forget that Dawk played like garbage in his last couple of years here. I would have been happy to see him retire here, but I'd have preferred the retirement part to the here part.

wow...no

this is what banner incs swirley lolipop does to people

he was probowl level his last year here...in fact he won defensive player of the month in december....he was ridiculous in that dallas thrashing

if you think the money was too much fine...but dont do the revisionist history thing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:26:13 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:25:25 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:22:16 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 18, 2009, 08:19:47 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on January 18, 2009, 08:16:55 PM
Time for Jim Johnson to go. He's wasted Dawkins' career on a system that doesn't work against good offenses. Speaking of Dawkins, he can hang 'em up now.

I would agree cept they have nothing behind Dawkins.

Replacing mediocrity with mediocrity is a fair trade. Dawkins is done.

One bad game and he is done? No one showed up on D.

I rather keep him and draft a replacement then just get rid of him.

One? Jesus farg, where has Dawkins been all season? Does it take more than one hand to count the number of plays he's made this year?

How very revisionist of me.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

it doesnt matter if dawkins was playing worse than i wouldve done out there

the money was irrelevant since the eagles have so much of it and dont spend as much as they can. even if he sits on the bench and they wind up cutting him and eating some of the contract its a moot point.

the fact that he didnt get a contract is perhaps the most clear cut example of banner inc's disconnect with the fan base. they just simply dont get it, dont want to get it, and dont feel they need to get it.

you had a guy who exemplifies what philly fans want to see in a player and a guy who was just balls out enormously popular in this city. he loved us and we loved him back. banner either didnt understand this or simply didnt care, maybe both. but the decision to lump him in with trotter, vincent, reese, taylor, welbourn, owens and all the other players who they ran out of town because of money is the most sickening part of this.

to not realize the situation and say, 'hey, we need to keep this guy here because hes brian dawkins' is the most egregiously irresponsible thing the eagles have ever done. they dont give a shtein about anything except counting their beans and keeping those season ticket renewals coming.

the problem is they have this 10-6, early playoff exit thing down pat and as long as they keep winning games and keep having the occasional great moment like the pimp return this year then there's really nothing to do but wait until someone dies first--them or us.

but again i will say this: i thought no ownership group could be worse than the phillies and they actually won a world series and then made a F you signing with cliff lee. so...never say never justin bieber.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

Would you really want to see Dawkins sitting on the bench? Do you think he'd have been happy on the bench? No. C'mon.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on March 03, 2011, 11:42:20 PM
but again i will say this: i thought no ownership group could be worse than the phillies and they actually won a world series and then made a F you signing with cliff lee. so...never say never justin bieber.

I felt the same way.  After they got swept by the Rockies in 07 I thought the bums would be the last team to win a title in Philadelphia.  My money was on the Flyers being the next team to win a championship.  Anything is possible.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

MDS

phillies ownership wasnt openly antagonistic with the fanbase like the eagles are but words cannot express how little claire bentz and the cigar brothers care about winning--even to this day.

but on top of that montgomery and the people who run the team, with the exception of the ongoing chris wheeler debacle, have gone and above and beyond in terms of fan relations. they embrace the city, the history, the fans and everything in between.

the only reason they won a world series is because of the planned season ticket revolt if ed wade stayed another season and the forced pressure to go outside and get gillick.

there is nothing of the sort planned for the eagles and even if there were at best andy goes and some puppet to banner inc comes in. the only way banner goes is if he dies or lurie sells the team.

Quote from: General_Failure on March 04, 2011, 12:20:54 AM
Would you really want to see Dawkins sitting on the bench? Do you think he'd have been happy on the bench? No. C'mon.

not the point, e.w.

if dawkins came back and got legit beaten out by kirk patterson or whatever couldnt even start for lsu crap they were throwing out there then fine, go cut him and let him sign with denver. but that wasnt even close to the case because even right now dawkins would be the best safety on the roster.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

And that still wasn't good enough. There was little chance they were going to bring in someone that could play, and no chance at all with him still on the roster.

They needed to replace him. That fact is no less true because they have failed to replace him.

ice grillin you

they actually didnt need to replace him...he was very good his last year with them and he was very good with denver his first year

last year he took a big step back...and now he wont be starting or possibly playing in the nfl again

the last two years of his career should have played out exactly how they did except it should have happened in philly

again tho completely getting off the real point...and that is that the front office is completely reckless when it comes to the fanbase and then wonders why they are so despised

Rome

You've made that point repeatedly.   Is it really necessary to beat this particular horse to a pulp again & again?   We get it. You hate Banner.  So do we.

Christ.

SunMo

so you created a specific thread for him to hate banner and now you're getting mad at him for hating banner in it?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on March 04, 2011, 08:22:12 AM
so you created a specific thread for him to hate banner and now you're getting mad at him for hating banner in it?

just gonna say that....strange isnt it?

i think he thought it would be a hippo thread where just me and me posted in it and now hes a little salty its got to seven pages in a couple days

Rome

No.  But repeating the same thought over and over with nothing new being added is pointless.   And who said I was mad?

SunMo

well it was you...so i just assumed you were mad
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Rome on March 04, 2011, 08:58:55 AM

No.  But repeating the same thought over and over with nothing new being added is pointless.   And who said I was mad?

its theraputic...dont you like talking about the things that most make you mad and upset you?

its why i have to watch all games with other eagle fans...so if they lose i can vent to people who 'get it'

reese125

no therapeutic would mean that you're actually getting help and coming down from the situation.

you keep taking it to an all time level and it has gotten worse over time. get your money back.