Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

1. Correct. He had one more good year left.
2. Incorrect. It was at least borderline awful.
3. Correct. The Eagles should have at least made it clear to him that they would come very close to any other offer to make sure he retired an Eagle.
4. Incorrect. Couldn't be more wrong. You of all people should know this, as you have a boner of hate for the entire "regime."

ice grillin you

name me one player denver couldnt sign because of dawkins awful deal

name me one player the eagles did sign because of the money they saved

if you wanna say the deal for denver was awful because they were strictly signing dawkins the player i guess you could make a reach and say that...tho i would say having a still good but fading brian dawkins on my team could never ever be awful

but short of something ludicrous like 20 million guaranteed there is no way the eagles shouldnt have matched (something they didnt even have to do to keep him) denvers offer...id say they should have matched it because they had so much more riding on keeping him than denver had in obtaining him...but the eagles dont give a flying farg about the fans or public opinion and they have no sense of history so why would they wanna keep a legend around for another couple years...but this is why this thread exists in the first place

the dawkins move will always be baffling and wrong...even twenty years from now..its etched in stone which is different from a grudge...you also are confusing hate for holding a grudge...people being bothered by banner inc is not holding a grudge its how they feel and its real thruout much of the fanbase...we are just reacting to things they do...how is that a grudge?

i wouldnt call you a flaming homer because banner inc doesnt bother you
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

They bother me. But I will be just as happy if they win a Super Bowl as I would be if the Eagles won under less douchey general management, whereas many of you are on the record that your excitement would be tempered because you hate those running the team so much.

That's just dumb.

Rome

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on March 03, 2011, 04:08:29 AM
Quote from: MDS on March 02, 2011, 11:45:00 PM
they replaced trotter with levon kirland and dawkins with i think munsons brother in law

:-D You just made my month.

There's 28 days left in March so I'd say you've set your standards pretty low for the rest of the month. 

SD

Quote from: FastFreddie on March 03, 2011, 12:25:14 PM
They bother me. But I will be just as happy if they win a Super Bowl as I would be if the Eagles won under less douchey general management, whereas many of you are on the record that your excitement would be tempered because you hate those running the team so much.

That's just dumb.

Pretty sure if you polled every Eagles fan (igy included) on which season out of the last 20 was their favorite at least 99% would say 2004. And if they had won a Superbowl sometime in the last 15 years this conversation isn't happening. Osama Bin Laden could own the team with Ghadaffi running the front office and we'd all cheer them if they brought us a Superbowl. The disconnect between the fans, the team, and the front office goes deeper than wins and losses.
The Phillies are popular because they're winners, they listen to the fans, and they have players that fans can relate to.
Same thing goes for the Flyers. The Flyers still play with that Broad Street Bullies mentality and fans can relate to that. If they iced some finesse team fans would still come out but they wouldn't be the lunatics they are. The teams on the field and the attitude of the organizations is what gives the fans their edge.

ice grillin you

the eagles could win the superbowl next year and id still have enjoyed last years flyer cup run more...dont get me wrong id kill for a superbowl...but a small part of me doesnt want it to happen because i dont want banner inc getting a title and i def wouldnt enjoy it as much as id deserve to

since i got flyer season tickets a couple years ago the contrast between a world class organization like the flyers and jerk offs like the eagles has come into even more contrast for me....the flyers customer service and the way they treat the fans is just off the charts class act...the eagles not so much

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 03, 2011, 03:36:59 PM
the eagles could win the superbowl next year and id still have enjoyed last years flyer cup run more...dont get me wrong id kill for a superbowl...but a small part of me doesnt want it to happen because i dont want banner inc getting a title and i def wouldnt enjoy it as much as id deserve to

Dumb.

ice grillin you

its kind of like having to pay child support to your whore of an ex....you wanna do it for your seedling but it sickens you to have to address that envelope every month

PoopyfaceMcGee

I understand the analogy, but I think it might hit a bit too close to home for you.

Dillen

I actually agree with igy on most of the stuff he's said the last couple pages. I wouldn't say I don't want Banner inc. to get a title, but if the organization were to win a super bowl, wouldn't most of you have that "about farging time" thought in the back of their head? I sure would.

And back on Dawk, didn't he get about 15 million over 5 years with something like 9 guaranteed? How is that a bad contract? Signing a 34 or 35 year old to a 5 year deal might be dumb, but there's not exactly a whole lot of money tied up in it. He'd be worth the 9 guaranteed and have at least a year of good play left, and then if it were in Philly I'm sure he would have retired when the time was/is right. They saved very little money and made themselves look like farging pricks to the entire fan base.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Dillen on March 03, 2011, 05:27:20 PM
I actually agree with igy on most of the stuff he's said the last couple pages. I wouldn't say I don't want Banner inc. to get a title, but if the organization were to win a super bowl, wouldn't most of you have that "about farging time" thought in the back of their head? I sure would.

I've said in the past that if/when the Eagles win a SB it would be euphoric until Banner gets time in front of the mic and goes on and on about how his way is the right way, blah blah blah.  Banner is really the only main player in the organization that I dispise, although Howie is quickly working his way up the ladder.  So I'd be happy, then pissed when Banner starts bumping his gums and then happy again when someone else starts talking.  It would annoy me, but there's no way in hell I'd not enjoy a SB just because of Banner Inc. 

And back on Dawk, didn't he get about 15 million over 5 years with something like 9 guaranteed? How is that a bad contract? Signing a 34 or 35 year old to a 5 year deal might be dumb, but there's not exactly a whole lot of money tied up in it. He'd be worth the 9 guaranteed and have at least a year of good play left, and then if it were in Philly I'm sure he would have retired when the time was/is right. They saved very little money and made themselves look like farging pricks to the entire fan base.

I forget the exact terms of the deal, but whatever the contract was, it was essentially a 2 year deal.  Yeah, there were more years and money but Dawk was never going to see it. 

ice grillin you

dawk got what essentially equated to two years and seven mil...not peanuts by any means but certainly not even close to "retarded" money....especially from the eagles point of view

General_Failure

You guys seem to forget that Dawk played like garbage in his last couple of years here. I would have been happy to see him retire here, but I'd have preferred the retirement part to the here part.

The man. The myth. The legend.