Joe Banner Is The Devil And Howard Eskin Is His Bitch

Started by Rome, February 22, 2011, 05:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

I don't want to play message board psychoanalyst, but IGY has said repeatedly that philly sports are basically his life. Sure he's got other stuff like a job and a girl and a kid and whatnot, but philly sports are basically how he spends his time and what he does when he goes out and how he plans his life. Of course he can't get past Banner. I think it's retarded, but to be surprised by it is just as retarded. Retards.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyGirl

I happen to agree 100% with IGY.

Taking things like the guy who had the banners at games at the Vet away...little things like that. Each time something like that was taken, the organization got more sterile and bland. The Dawkins thing, well, yeah...its a dead horse, but it took something even more from the team/fans. Add to it the way Reid blows off his pressers and how Banner's mouth makes people want to go on a killing spree....its just awful from top to bottom.

Honestly, the most real thing that I've EVER heard come from any of those 3 was when Lurie spoke about the pickup of Vick 2 seasons ago. That was one of the best PCs I'd heard in a long time and possibly EVER from this organization in its current state.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

rjs246

Quote from: MDS on March 02, 2011, 09:55:04 PM
igy has a kid?

Wait. Doesn't he have a kid?

Whatever. My point was money either way.

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

im pretty sure he doesnt

in any case he would be just a horrendous father
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 02, 2011, 09:02:53 PM
not its not all sterile....in fact look across the street at the phillies or flyers...they are the opposite of sterility

also its banner inc.... to put it all on one guy is unfair

no signs/banners in the stadium hideous uniforms that are not this franchise at all...100% business like approach that just makes this not a fun or passionate franchise whatsoever....getting rid of dawk was the capper

Look - Joe Banner is and always has been a PR nightmare. Being that he is the president his mannerisms seem to roll downhill because he likely sets a lot of the policies or hires the people like him; sans personality or even reclusive and socially inept. Business-wise he is very savvy and probably someone you would love to have counting your beans and watching the cash-flow.

I was pissed when they cut Trotter and allowed Dawk and Duce to walk. But time and time again their personnel decisions have proven to be right. From letting Taylor and Vincent walk to McNabb to pretty much every vet. A year early rather than a year late.

That is a business model they believe in. You cannot fault them for that.

Hoagie-gate, Sign Man, etc...All PR disasters that stem from Banner.

However, the majority of the players do not give a shtein about anything other than their bank accounts. They give lip service to the fans and cities and things like that - and there are a few who are throwbacks - but in reality the entire NFL and MLB and NBA are sterilized. NHL, you make a point about the Flyers, is sterilized in the newer cities (but the OGs of the NHL have the close knit feeling).

PG mentioned Andy Reid's press conferences. So what? He doesn't give out information. He is clipped and short and most of the time purposely boring. So are a lot of the narcissistic and egotistical NFL coaches because they're all control freaks.

Would I love Rex Ryan or someone like him? Absolutely.

But for the most part all professional sports are buttoned up and all about the business.

MDS

trotter part 1 and dawkins were all about money

the other guys were finished and they had ready in the wings backups

they replaced trotter with levon kirland and dawkins with i think munsons brother in law.

thats where the worst in banner comes out because its about him and his bean counting not about winning football games.

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on March 02, 2011, 11:45:00 PM
they replaced trotter with levon kirland and dawkins with i think munsons brother in law

:-D You just made my month.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

when you're schtupping your sister, you are your brother-in-law
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

the dawkins thing has nothing to do with on the field play and yes they have a great track record of releasing players at just the right time***

but that has nothing whatsoever to do with the mistake they made with dawk...for a couple million meaningless dollars they let arguably the most beloved player in franchise history walk...for no other reason tha thats just what they do...

ive said a million times i never liked dawk as much as most but it was a monsterous PR blunder on their part and the only reason it happened is because of the robotic and passionless nature of the front office...the fact that they couldnt even make one exception for this player was just unbelievable

***it should be noted that dawk was an on the field blunder as well
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous