Phillip Hunt, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by BigEd76, February 11, 2011, 04:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

Probably no better than any of the other UDFAs they usually get and he'll probably be gone by October anyway, but this guy was the CFL's top DE this past season with 16 sacks.  Another "fastball", and he was a former teammate of Kolb

QuoteGeneral manager Howie Roseman and the Eagles' personnel department are so happy to have Jim Washburn on board that they got the new defensive line coach a welcome-to-Philadelphia present in the form of the Canadian Football League's top pass rusher.

Phillip Hunt, who led the CFL with 16 sacks in 2010 (four more than the next-best CFL sack artist), has signed a three-year deal with the Eagles after working out for and receiving interest from at least four other NFL teams, according to FoxSports' Adam Caplan.

Hunt, who was Conference USA's defensive player of the year as a senior at the University of Houston, went undrafted in 2009 and spent a short time that summer with the Cleveland Browns before making the the move north of the border. He recorded three sacks as a rookie with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers before breaking out in a big way in 2010.

According to Caplan, Hunt also worked out for the Cleveland Browns, New England Patriots, Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings. Hunt joins a group of defensive ends that includes Pro Bowler Trent Cole, Juqua Parker, Brandon Graham, Darryl Tapp and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim.

There is a record of success for dominant CFL pass rusher succeeding in the NFL, with the obvious high-bar template of Cameron Wake, who went from being the CFL's defensive player of the year to a Pro Bowl appearance for the Miami Dolphins this season when he notched 14.0 sacks. Like Wake, Hunt is undersized at 6-0, 248, though Wake is a 3-4 outside linebacker for the Dolphins. Hunt will no doubt have his work cut out for him to make an impact with the Eagles, but another "fastball," as Andy Reid likes to call pass rushers, can always help.

Diomedes

Let them all compete, blah blah blah.

Who knows, might as well look at someone else for a while.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

why does he get a thread and not trufant
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Warren Moon bitches!

CFL, UFL, XFL, MMA, UCF, bring um all in.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Sgt PSN

You forgot to mention the now defunct USFL which is where Reggie White played before signing with the Eagles. 

BigEd76

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 11, 2011, 05:19:25 PM

cause Trufant didn't lead anything

Sgt PSN

BigEd76

ha....do a google image search for "Philip Hunt Houston" and the first few pics will pass igy's blackness test

ice grillin you

Quote from: BigEd76 on February 11, 2011, 06:11:22 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 11, 2011, 05:19:25 PM

cause Trufant didn't lead anything

he was defensive player of the year in the ufl...and actually played in the nfl

i dont care either way just trying to figure out the easy litmus test
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

hey it's been a long week and I really didn't put any thought into a waiver pickup off the Jets.  my bad

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 11, 2011, 06:14:16 PM
Is this guy any relation to mhunt

shtein, I missed this before I made the same awesome joke.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Shut up all of you.  He's the next Reggie White.  I CAN FEEL IT!!!

PhillyPhreak54

I'm sure Juan Castillo will put him in position to make plays!

Any DL, especially someone with athletic talent like him, gives me hope because of Washburn.

Munson

Quote from: MDS on February 11, 2011, 07:19:15 PM

hookah is for people like munson

Yes, I'm black!

the only people I know that did hooka for the longest time were jews and hippies. So, actually, hooka is for people like Todd
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds