Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

I like the fact they are bringing in someone fresh and not from within. Too much complacency running around that complex.

Get in some new blood, and change the way these players are coached.

DH

to be honest, i completely forgot jauron was even on the staff throughout the whole year..cant say im upset about him leaving.  mike trgovac, the dl coach from the packers seems to be the guy they are waiting for.

ice grillin you

probably meant to say was a candidate for the philly job

altho if hes been hired in cleveland its hard to imagine this wouldnt be news on a better link than cleveland leader.com

or maybe it is...i dont feel like looking
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SD

Quote from: DH on January 21, 2011, 01:43:57 PM
to be honest, i completely forgot jauron was even on the staff throughout the whole year..cant say im upset about him leaving.  mike trgovac, the dl coach from the packers seems to be the guy they are waiting for.

This is my line of thinking. They probably let it be known he's their guy and are just waiting till they can get him.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 21, 2011, 01:49:07 PM
probably meant to say was a candidate for the philly job

altho if hes been hired in cleveland its hard to imagine this wouldnt be news on a better link than cleveland leader.com

or maybe it is...i dont feel like looking

I don't see it on ESPN, but they do have a story about Wannstedt being close to a deal with Buffalo to be their DC.  So I'd imagine that if this Jauron story was legit and the deal has been made, it would be up there with a deal that's not even done yet.   

Diomedes

Quote from: reese125 on January 21, 2011, 01:38:36 PM
I like the fact they are bringing in someone fresh and not from within. Too much complacency running around that complex.

Nothing will change the way the players are coached as long as Reid is king shtein.  Any coach they bring in will be mesmerized by his magic mustachio, will drink lustily his mormon kool aid, and will tout the exciting prospect of transplanting sixth round fastball players from one position to another.

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

smeags

Quote from: Diomedes on January 21, 2011, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: reese125 on January 21, 2011, 01:38:36 PM

Nothing will change the way the players are coached as long as Reid is king shtein.  Any coach they bring in will be mesmerized by his magic mustachio, will drink lustily his mormon kool aid, and will tout the exciting prospect of transplanting sixth round fastball players from one position to another.

truth
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

I have no problem with them taking on "project players" in the 6th and 7th rounds.  Hell, that's what most of them are anyway, so who cares if they want to play mad scientist with them.  I'd just really like to see them draft guys in the first 4 rounds who can come in and play.  Quit trying to hit a home run and just put the ball in the gap.  They don't even have to be bonafide studs, just legit NFL players who can hold their own at their position.  Because some of the garbage that they've thrown out there from the mid-rounds is just pathetic.   

General_Failure

A player needs to be drafted in at least the fifth round to go from coach's project to legitimate player who may disappear for half a season.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I was being sarcastic you dickwads.

Fresh blood is good.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 21, 2011, 02:14:17 PM
I have no problem with them taking on "project players" in the 6th and 7th rounds.  Hell, that's what most of them are anyway, so who cares if they want to play mad scientist with them.  I'd just really like to see them draft guys in the first 4 rounds who can come in and play.  Quit trying to hit a home run and just put the ball in the gap.  They don't even have to be bonafide studs, just legit NFL players who can hold their own at their position.  Because some of the garbage that they've thrown out there from the mid-rounds is just pathetic.   

no they need studs...especially on defense where the individual is more important than the scheme or the players around him

as opposed to offense where pretty much everything is dictated by the offensive line

you can have a solid nfl wr who will do fine if his qb has tons of time to throw...or check the medicore rb's that come thru this league and get a bunch of yards because their line is good

that isnt the case on defense...great defensive players for the most part are talent ladened playmaking studs...yeah every once in a while youll get a high motor type who gets by on extreme effort and smarts but those are few and far between on that side of the ball
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

One of these guys will be the next DC:

Dennis Allen
Mike Trgovac
Bob Sutton
Fleshpop Jauron
Howie Roseman

MDS

not that i really like andy or anything and not that this has anything to do with getting a new DC but how frightening are the prospects of howie and banner picking the next head coach of the eagles

you all do realize that andy is the last authoritative figure in the eagles organization who isnt a part of banner inc. once hes gone, thats it. everyone kisses their ring or they dont even get through the novacare gate
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

He apparently got overridden on McDermott, so the balance of power has already shifted.

Diomedes

fat joke in there somewhere, need help