Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I would be surprised if they hired Allen.  He has similar qualifications to McDermott before becoming DC. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Tomahawk

The only thing that matters is if he shares Reid's defensive philosophy

ice grillin you

Quote from: SD on January 19, 2011, 04:42:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM
who are all these studs washburn has developed?

During his tenure with the Titans, Washburn oversaw the development of many talented players including Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tony Brown, Jason Babin, Kevin Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Jevon Kearse, Antwan Odom, Robaire Smith, John Thornton and Gary Walker. Seven of those players (Vanden Bosch, Babin, Carter, Haynesworth, Kearse and Walker) earned a combined eleven Pro Bowl selections under Washburn's tutelage. Among defensive linemen, both of those totals led the league during that span.

What's more impressive is that most of the players listed here were better when he was their coach then when they went elsewhere. I have to think he had something to do with that.

carter developed with the rams...and lol at robaire smith antwan odom gary walker and that other garbage...good development there...wtf?

haynesworth kearse and vanden bosch are the only ones that did shtein and did kearse really develop?...he was what he was

im not saying the guy isnt a good d line coach...im sure hes just peachy...but lets not suck his dick because of john thorton
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

You're the first one who brought up dick sucking.  Now Chuggie's all aroused and shtein.

Rome

Gary Walker was a Pro Bowler but that was in like 2001 & 2002.

ice grillin you

gary walker never even actually played under washburn did he?

mussa

I like what I have heard about the guy, instant upgrade. I would love for the Birds to get a huge DT like Haynesworth, but I can't see ol holy Reid signing a guy like him. Plus Dixon really impressed me last year. Now if we can find some linebackers also I'd be thrilled.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

Quote from: mussa on January 20, 2011, 09:21:49 AM
I like what I have heard about the guy, instant upgrade. I would love for the Birds to get a huge DT like Haynesworth, but I can't see ol holy Reid signing a guy like him. Plus Dixon really impressed me last year. Now if we can find some linebackers also I'd be thrilled.

dixon impresses you but andy reid is the worst coach ever....you really are a simpleton arent you

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 20, 2011, 07:05:14 AM
Quote from: SD on January 19, 2011, 04:42:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM
who are all these studs washburn has developed?

During his tenure with the Titans, Washburn oversaw the development of many talented players including Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tony Brown, Jason Babin, Kevin Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Jevon Kearse, Antwan Odom, Robaire Smith, John Thornton and Gary Walker. Seven of those players (Vanden Bosch, Babin, Carter, Haynesworth, Kearse and Walker) earned a combined eleven Pro Bowl selections under Washburn's tutelage. Among defensive linemen, both of those totals led the league during that span.

What's more impressive is that most of the players listed here were better when he was their coach then when they went elsewhere. I have to think he had something to do with that.

carter developed with the rams...and lol at robaire smith antwan odom gary walker and that other garbage...good development there...wtf?

haynesworth kearse and vanden bosch are the only ones that did shtein and did kearse really develop?...he was what he was

im not saying the guy isnt a good d line coach...im sure hes just peachy...but lets not suck his dick because of john thorton

Carter is who I was referring to when I typed 'most'. He was basically a flash in the pan player anyway.

And my point - which went over your head - was compare those players time in Tennessee compared to when they left. Laugh at Odom but a few years ago he was a very sought after FA. And with Kearse he was better with Tennessee (just like every player on that list minus Carter) than he was with the Eagles, correct? Don't you think Washburn had something to do with that?

SD

Pretty good break down of how offenses attacked the Eagles D:
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110120_Rich_Hofmann__How_opponents_attack_Eagles__defense.html

Quote1) When teams attempted to run against the Eagles, they chose to run wide to either side.

NFL offenses probe for weaknesses and avoid opposing strengths when they can. The numbers suggest that teams thought the Eagles were better up the middle, at defensive tackle and middle linebacker, than they were outside.

According to the numbers, opposing offenses ran fewer running plays behind their left guard against the Eagles than against any other NFL team - which means that Antonio Dixon, the replacement for Brodrick Bunkley at right defensive tackle, showed enough on film to point offenses strongly in other directions. Teams were almost as reluctant to run behind their left tackles, which adds Cole into the mix - as well as middle linebackers Stewart Bradley and Jamar Chaney.

The result was that teams tried to run wide against the Eagles. They faced more running plays wide to both sides than any team in the NFL. You can pick your rationale - the ability to sucker and/or overpower Cole and/or rookie Brandon Graham, or the desire to get a whack at the Eagles' outside linebackers. Opponents weren't overly successful when they went wide, but that was the preferred plan of attack.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20110120_Rich_Hofmann__How_opponents_attack_Eagles__defense.html#ixzz1BaSoleAg
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

I'm not saying Dixon is a 'beast', but I definitely think he's a good guy to keep in the rotation. I'm all for adding Haynesworth and letting Bunkley walk. Bunkley has regressed to the point of being irrelevant.

ice grillin you

yeah when antonio dixon passes you by its probably time to part ways

reese125

wait on a sec, was it not that interior line of bunkley and company that was putting the top backs in the league to shame the first 8-9 games or so?

not sure the exact week Bunk got hurt, but all I know is you couldnt run for shtein against the eagles line and they shut C. Johnson, Turner, Jones Drew, and Gore down. Regardless if some of these teams had to play sort of catch-up because the eagles scored so much, they still ran the ball an average of over 15 times.

I disagree with Bunkley regressing. He in all accounts was having his best season pre-injury and he was never the same since. Big fan of Dixon no question.

charlie

and running the ball more, don't forget running the ball.

SD

Quote from: reese125 on January 20, 2011, 10:13:11 AM
wait on a sec, was it not that interior line of bunkley and company that was putting the top backs in the league to shame the first 8-9 games or so?

not sure the exact week Bunk got hurt, but all I know is you couldnt run for shtein against the eagles line and they shut C. Johnson, Turner, Jones Drew, and Gore down. Regardless if some of these teams had to play sort of catch-up because the eagles scored so much, they still ran the ball an average of over 15 times.

I disagree with Bunkley regressing. He in all accounts was having his best season pre-injury and he was never the same since. Big fan of Dixon no question.

He went from starter in the beginning of the season to rotational guy, and that was before the injury. Guys like Dixon and Laws were seeing as many snaps as he was.

phillycrew

To think we were two picks from Ngata  :boom