Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Is the striker the one who smacks the ho after the team plays nookie cookie on her face?

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 19, 2011, 02:23:56 PM
Quotei have no idea how good of a coach he is...i question anyone who hasnt had a promotion in over a decade but

its sort of like alex gibbs

or juan castillo
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:11:25 PM
rory segrest should be the striker for duke lacrosse

Or the basketball team's left fielder.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:24:43 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 19, 2011, 02:23:56 PM
Quotei have no idea how good of a coach he is...i question anyone who hasnt had a promotion in over a decade but

its sort of like alex gibbs

or juan castillo

While I get your point, Castillo isn't on the same level as these dudes as far as developing players.  There aren't many quality offensive linemen that Castillo has developed. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

who are all these studs washburn has developed?

Drunkmasterflex

I am not saying that he is the greatest Dline coach ever, but he does get the most out of his players.  He also takes guys like Babin and Vanden Bosch that show flashes and gets them to put it all together.  He also got Haynesworth to play most of the time.

I am not a huge follower of the Titans but if you look at those stats with sacks and run d and you can't name more than a handful of there defensive linemen over that span he is clearly getting the most of his players.  I also know from listening to NFL Radio that around the league he is regarded as on of the best position coaches there is. 

And you said he looks like someone that would eat his children, well that is the reputation he has. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

ive never even heard of the guy before today...but from just looking at it now he seems to me to be the defensive line version of castillo...both have overseen the development of some pretty good players and both have gotten a bunch out of some decent players (castillo put jermain mayberry in the pro bowl for god sakes)...eagles offensive line sucked last year and so did the titans

yet if castillo left tomorrow not an eagle fan would care...but getting this guy is a huge coup

its not a big deal because no position coach has ever even come close to winning or losing a game...i just find the football offseason fascinating...it is incredible what its become

reese125

well, all those titans players listed below with the 11 combined probowl appearances under Washburn were first rounders except for Van den Bosch (2nd rd) and Walker (5th rd).

no different than the guys on the eagles d line now so we'll see if he can do the same, more importantly with Graham.

Drunkmasterflex

You liked the Bobby April hiring didn't you? There is nothing wrong with liking the Eagles bringing in a highly regarded position coach.  Its a good hire.  And for someone that pays attention to sports as much as you do I am surprised you never heard of the guy. 

Rome

I've never heard of the guy but there's no doubt he is superior to Segrest.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 19, 2011, 03:17:07 PM
You liked the Bobby April hiring didn't you? There is nothing wrong with liking the Eagles bringing in a highly regarded position coach.  Its a good hire.  And for someone that pays attention to sports as much as you do I am surprised you never heard of the guy. 

yeah i dont follow other teams defensive line coaches and i barely follow their coordinators...shtein i barely follow the eagles position coaches...for example i have no idea who their current defensive backs coach is...which is why i find this all so interesting...the offseason generally brings out the worst in people

reese125

its not a mind blowing hire, its a piece to the puzzle though.

bottom line is youre saying that no coaches matter except the head coach in winning football games.

like what they do in the off-season practices or the weeks leading up to the game has no bearing what-so-ever.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 03:27:52 PM
yeah i dont follow other teams defensive line coaches and i barely follow their coordinators...shtein i barely follow the eagles position coaches...for example i have no idea who their current defensive backs coach is...which is why i find this all so interesting...the offseason generally brings out the worst in people

Their DB coach is Fleshpop Jauron.

Drunkmasterflex

I don't either. That is kind of my point though there are certain guys that you just hear about. I have heard him mentioned multiple times, that could just be because I listen to NFL Radio all the time.  And I agree the off season does bring out the worse.   

Rome