Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Right, so instead of simply agreeing with the move, you choose to actually use it as a springboard to complain about things that can't be changed for months.

TexasEagle

About farging time. They should have fired him after they almost lost the Detroit game because of the D.

mpmcgraw

Quote from: SunMo on January 15, 2011, 07:06:03 PM
Quote from: Eagaholic on January 15, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
So Reid makes his decisions on firing coaches based on what the fans want?

yeah, that's what i said.

see 90% of eagles fans, dummies that think the defensive coordinator is the biggest problem with the defense, are now happy.  so the eagles are off the hook for the offseason.  they can point to this coaching change why the defense will be better and most of you will buy it. 
yes, Andy Reid doesn't want to win.  we can trace his motives back to his clear plan to farg with Eagles fans for no apparent reason, to the detriment of his own career.

brilliant.  you should work for NASA.

LBIggle

no more brandon graham playing DT and trying to cover?  good stuff.

no more worst red zone defense in decades?  even better stuff.

most fans aren't going to think the off season is complete, especially on the defensive side of the ball. the D was average on its very best day. regardless of talent, a better coordinator will definitely help.  just ask.. if JJ were still here, would they have been that bad?  definitely not.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 15, 2011, 08:03:31 PM
Right, so instead of simply agreeing with the move, you choose to actually use it as a springboard to complain about things that can't be changed for months.

no i choose to use it as a way to laugh at people who think it means anything and are treating it like its great and super meaningful news

board
internet
eagles fans
country
planet

would all be better if people thought like me and sunny
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: LBIggle on January 15, 2011, 08:06:53 PM
if JJ were still here, would they have been that bad?  definitely not.

who cares and what does a dead guy have to do with this current defense?

General_Failure

Because the guys they had this year were also stiffs. Duh.

The man. The myth. The legend.

QB Eagles

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 08:13:04 PM
what does a dead guy have to do with this current defense?

they play like JJ is still coaching them. dead JJ

mpmcgraw

The path this thread has taken is the least surprising thing in the history of the world.

Munson

Like I said in the game thread...it wasn't the "talent" that had Daryl Tapp covering Donald Driver on a big 3rd and long.

This is an instant improvement. The defense will still be subpar but it will no doubt fare better with a better D Coordinator.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

LBIggle

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 08:13:04 PM
Quote from: LBIggle on January 15, 2011, 08:06:53 PM
if JJ were still here, would they have been that bad?  definitely not.

who cares and what does a dead guy have to do with this current defense?

he doesn't. the point is a coordinator with even half of JJ's abilities to hide weaknesses and maximize his players abilities is infinite amounts of times better than mcdermott throwing graham into coverage.  obviously it matters on who they plug in there.. but you really can't do any worst.  at the very least this is a start to getting a new philosophy on defense, and hopefully getting someone that can actually evaluate defensive talent to play the scheme.

ice grillin you

yeah i think we all agree jj was a better DC than sean mcdermott....you didnt get the mass fax?

LBIggle

sean mcdermott is a horrible defensive coordinator.  watch any games?

ice grillin you

hes not good thats for sure...whether hes horrible i dont think we will ever know unless he gets another job with a defense that has some talent

everyone is a horrible coach with horrible players

and no i didnt see any games this year...fill me in please

SD

Here's the deciding factor on McDermott in my eyes: Redzone defense is an area of the field where DC's can get creative because the field is shorter and you don't have to worry so much about getting beat deep. You can bring your safety's up into the box or do whatever and there isn't as big of a concern. In that area he was the worse in 25 years. McDermott was really good at slowing defenses down and not letting them score quick TDs. Unfortunately the offense is a quick strike offense and doesn't run the ball so going with that sort of defense isn't good.