Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

Quote from: Eagaholic on January 15, 2011, 07:03:00 PM
So Reid makes his decisions on firing coaches based on what the fans want?

yeah, that's what i said.

see 90% of eagles fans, dummies that think the defensive coordinator is the biggest problem with the defense, are now happy.  so the eagles are off the hook for the offseason.  they can point to this coaching change why the defense will be better and most of you will buy it. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Munson

I'd bet $100 the defense would have been better with a different coordinator this past year.

Of course, "better" relative to how terrible they were all year.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Butchers Bill

Players matter of course, but Opie just had horrid schemes in place.  I don't care if he had an all-rookie squad on the field, there was no excuse for all of the open opposing WR's this season.
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

ice grillin you

i think mcdermott was over his head...and im glad hes gone..but firing him is burying the lead....the dearth of talent on this defense is agregious and 100 times more the problem than sean mcdermott and it makes all you people cheering like they just won a playoff game look silly

i mean if i wanted to i could make an argument that sean mcdermott is a fine coordinator since he got a collection of stiffs to finish the year in the top half of the league in defense...it wouldnt fly but it would make more sense than wanting to throw a parade cause the DC is gone
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let me get this straight... There are people actually upset about this move?  I understand taking a wait and see approach on the players, but was there any question McDermott left something to be desired?  I mean... Really?  You are going to be little bitches after this move?

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 15, 2011, 07:35:30 PM
Let me get this straight... There are people actually upset about this move? 

reading comprehension is not your strong suit is it

reese125

no coach with that kind of red zone stat should be wearing an nfl headset. period.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 07:40:33 PM

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 07:09:21 PM
i mean if i wanted to i could make an argument that sean mcdermott is a fine coordinator since he got a collection of stiffs to finish the year in the top half of the league in defense...it wouldnt fly but it would make more sense than wanting to throw a parade cause the DC is gone

Not my fault you seem to want to use a good move as an excuse to complain about something the FO can't fix yet.  Just go ahead and bitch well into March, ok?

SunMo

i thought it was a wait and see, now it's a good move?  you sure didn't wait long or see much

QB Eagles

I question the assertion that 90% of Eagle fans think the defense is fine now.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Good move - Firing McDermott
Wait and see - Player personnel moves

Not hard to understand if you're actually trying to.

SunMo

well hopefully they can hire someone that will turn Moises Foku into Terrell Suggs.  that would be optimal.

PoopyfaceMcGee

So would you like to go on the record that they should have kept Seanny McD?  C'mon, I double dog dare you.

SD

I've been preaching this forever but it isn't McDermott as much as it is the philosophy of the D. They need a new one. The type of defensive players they bring in are to fit their philosophy. The quick small guys approach is crap. It's like they think they're the 2002 Bucs, only the Bucs guys had talent.

Get defensive tackles with size, not guys who use their hands and specialize in shooting gaps
Get Defensive Ends that are tall and rangy, not stout guys who wear down
Get LBs who are stout and physical in the box, not small quick guys who get pushed all over the field and over run plays

DBs are a different story

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 15, 2011, 07:44:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 07:40:33 PM

Not my fault you seem to want to use a good move as an excuse to complain about something the FO can't fix yet.  Just go ahead and bitch well into March, ok?

i dont get why you quoted me there...makes no sense...but then again you just were complaing about people being upset with mcdermott being fired when not a single person said anything remotely like that

maybe this will help:

i think mcdermott was over his head...and im glad hes gone..but firing him is burying the lead....the dearth of talent on this defense is agregious and 100 times more the problem than sean mcdermott and it makes all you people cheering like they just won a playoff game look silly