Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

the accountability aspect of this move is awesome...im just saying from an on the field point of view its much about nothing
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Whatever, man. Call it the first step. Good move by the FO.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Munson

No...Igy MUST bitch about it.

Whether the talent is there or not, there's absolutely 0 question in my mind that the defense would have been better with a Coordinator that understand the abilities of his defense and used them as such.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Reid said Kolb would be the starting quarterback no matter what. Then he watched the tape and decided he had to go with Mike Vick.

A few days ago, Reid said they weren't firing McDermott. I guess Andy finally got around to watching the tape.

PhillyPhreak54

Rome

PhillyGirl

late to the party but holy shtein this is great news!!
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

ice grillin you

Quote from: QB Eagles on January 15, 2011, 06:36:38 PM
Reid said Kolb would be the starting quarterback no matter what. Then he watched the tape and decided he had to go with Mike Vick.

A few days ago, Reid said they weren't firing McDermott. I guess Andy finally got around to watching the tape.

from day one andy reid has never opened up about anything...so this shouldnt be a surprise

the receivers are fine....BOOM! terrell owens

SunMo

lol you people are incredible.

the same people who called for a farging wide receiver coach to be fired when they had thrash and pinkston.  IT'S THE PLAYERS.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: SunMo on January 15, 2011, 06:53:07 PM

the same people who called for a farging wide receiver coach to be fired when they had thrash and pinkston.  IT'S THE PLAYERS.

it really is amazing

Sgt PSN

This move is meaningless without a change in personnel on the field, but nothing about his defensive schemes worked.  Nothing. 

The red zone defense was the worst too.  There's only 30 yards of field to cover and I don't know how many times players just walked into the end zone against this defense.  That's why I wanted him gone. 

Eagaholic

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 06:54:01 PM
Quote from: SunMo on January 15, 2011, 06:53:07 PM

it really is amazing

Seriously? You think the problems were only due to the players and the coaches had nothing to do with it?

SunMo

this is the eagles taking the easy way out with the fans, they make this change and look good to most of the dummies who think he was the problem.  now, when they again don't draft or sign an impact defensive player...they can say "we changed the defensive coordinator like you wanted"
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Eagaholic

So Reid makes his decisions on firing coaches based on what the fans want?

Munson

They aren't/weren't signing or drafting an impact defensive player anyway, so what's your point?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds