Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

mpmcgraw

rjs246

Andy doesn't draw up Xs and Os. Saying that everything starts with the lines and that the defense needs to get after the QB? OH MY GOD, HOW NOVEL. I'm convinced. The defense is all his.

I wonder which team he'll get the DC gig for once he finally gets fired. I hope it isn't the taterskins.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mpmcgraw

Also Andy's moves are inspired by what he can do to keep the fans placated, while not actually improving the team.  Brilliant.  I feel like I am awake for the first time.

BigEd76

Mort says ex-Cardinal/49er DC Billy Davis is also in the running.  Not exciting

Roob Frank thinks Singletary will get an interview too

Rome

The best part of this thread is Sunny's avatar.

Goddamn I can't wait for pitchers & catchers to report.

Mad-Lad

The thought of Mora as the DC makes me want to vomit.

SunMo

Quote from: rjs246 on January 16, 2011, 12:48:47 PM
Andy doesn't draw up Xs and Os. Saying that everything starts with the lines and that the defense needs to get after the QB? OH MY GOD, HOW NOVEL. I'm convinced. The defense is all his.

I wonder which team he'll get the DC gig for once he finally gets fired. I hope it isn't the taterskins.

oh really?  he doesn't draw up x's and o's?  thanks for shedding light on that for me.

i guess you're just being ignorant to my point to be an ass because i really don't think you are this dumb.

let me try one more time with short sentences.

andy reid has a defensive philosophy.

he hires coaches that believe in that philosophy.

those coaches then agree with andy, heckert, howie, whomever when it comes to players

therefore, while andy reid doesn't actually get involved with defensive playcalling (before this year) his philosophy sets them up to fail from the start, especially since they can't pick defensive players to save their life.

none of this is debatable.

btw, that mcgraw douche agrees with you, that should be a pretty good indicator that you're wrong.

mpmcgraw

Yes, you and igy are the last bastions of wisdom in Philadelphia fandom.

SunMo

pretty much.  at the very least we're not idiotic homers who celebrate a dc firing like it actually means something.

Rome

it means nothing unless they either get a coordinator who schemes for the players he has (which mcdermott never did) or get players who can, you know, actually farging play.

mpmcgraw

I don't think it makes much of a difference, but I don't see how it hurts.  I was just offended by your awful logic.

rjs246

Please don't mention mpm. I have him on ignore dammit.

Look, I get what Sun is saying and I suppose that a general philosophy of speed can be traced back to Reid but I think its pretty plain that you are exaggerating the influence that Reid has on the end result of the defense. Dummy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mpmcgraw