Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on January 15, 2011, 07:01:11 PM
this is the eagles taking the easy way out with the fans, they make this change and look good to most of the dummies who think he was the problem.  now, when they again don't draft or sign an impact defensive player...they can say "we changed the defensive coordinator like you wanted"

Have you been paying attention to the Eagles for the last 10 years?

LBIggle

they wouldn't have been a top 5 defense, but they would've been better with a coordinator that wasn't sean mcdermott.  maybe the guy just needs some more experience.. but with the talent you have on offense in its prime right now.. you need a better defense right now.  mcdermott was out of time, plain and simple.  as i said before.. it depends on who they put in the vacancy and if their able to get the right players to play a better scheme.. but you can't say it's not a step in the right direction. 

PhillyPhreak54

It's the players AND the scheme/coordinator.

However load up on players all you want but if the scheme and plays suck it doesn't matter.

Fire Segrest too.

You people!

ice grillin you

with lots of talent and mcdermott the defense could be top 5

with dick lebeau and the current talent its a middle of the pack defense
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 08:46:56 PM
with lots of talent and mcdermott the defense could be top 5

With that level of talent, Munson could coach them to a top 10 finish.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 15, 2011, 08:46:56 PM

with dick lebeau and the current talent its a middle of the pack defense

Which is still an improvement.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Mad-Lad

Happy to hear McDermotts gone. Can't say I'm confident they won't hire a clown to replace him.

MDS

im pretty sure theyll hire dick jauron and things will only mildly get better
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

rjs246

First of all, I called this so let's just take a moment to reflect on how awesome I am.

Quote from: rjs246 on January 10, 2011, 08:44:38 PM
I don't really think we can take Andy Reid at his word on this one. This is mister Donoan McNabb is my quarterback, after all.

I'm certainly not suggesting that McDermott is gone and Andy is just being coy, but we're about 25 hours removed from the end of the season. No chance Reid is telling the world he's firing his DC immediately after a playoff loss.

No one saw this coming but me. Seriously.

Second, I HAVE to believe that a new DC will bring a new outlook on personel criteria. So while I agree that McDermott had nothing to work with this year, I also think that a new DC (whoever it ends up being) will bring in and seek out a different kind of player to run his scheme. No guarantees that their scheme will be any better but the idea of a different kind of player being brought in to run a different scheme has got to be exciting for Eagles fans, you dumb salty batards.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Diomedes

I'm delighted by this move.  The players weren't the problem, it was the scheme.  With a new DC, these linebackers are going to shine.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Dio gets the gold star for teh sarcasms.

SunMo

on ESPN this morning, Mort said to look out for Jim Mora (i'm assuming Jr.) for the job.

i'm sure he can get Ernie Sims to grow 3 inches, gain 30 pounds and take better angles on the ball.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

General_Failure

Figures. Holmgren's bitch is exactly the kind of guy Reid would hire.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Probably not, but he is an expert at clipboard-slamming.