Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 28, 2011, 12:37:16 AM
It wasn't McDermott's fault!
Truth...it was all of our faults, especially yours, for not being good enough fans

General_Failure

Hey, Andy said clap your hands if you believe in coordinators all season long and you fargers never clapped. Tinkerdermott's death is on your unclapped hands.

The man. The myth. The legend.

ice grillin you

is it things like twitter and the intenet that make people dumber?...the notion that the eagles would want and that jeff fisher would accept theirs or any other DC position is so ludicrous...and i feel like back in the day before the internet no one would have even mentioned the possibility...but now people seriously discuss things like that

btw this whole fiasco with the coaches this offseason is just embarrassing....GO BANNER INC!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

It is not even close to embarrassing, and you should be ashamed that you have given in to the media's desired perception of it. Look at it this way:

1. They have upgraded one coach
2. Multiple coaches still exist who are much more qualified to run a defense than was Opie McDermott.

Just because they are being deliberate about it makes it an "embarrassment?" No.

Rome

Clayton clearly got his information from  :CF

Well done.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 28, 2011, 07:29:21 AM
It is not even close to embarrassing, and you should be ashamed that you have given in to the media's desired perception of it. Look at it this way:

2. Multiple coaches still exist who are much more qualified to run a defense than was Opie McDermott.

Just because they are being deliberate about it makes it an "embarrassment?" No.

firing coaches and then bringing them to senior bowl and having them act like they are still working for the eagles is a joke...no other team would ever do that...likewise firing coaches in secret and not telling the media is also completely unesscesary...you also should have the president of football operations at least in the country when all this is going down...btw andy reid also should have been at the senior bowl imo...but thats another topic

this whole thing has screamed bush league

QB Eagles

Getting Fisher for DC is just as likely as getting Dick LeBeau.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 28, 2011, 07:56:34 AM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 28, 2011, 07:29:21 AM

firing coaches and then bringing them to senior bowl and having them act like they are still working for the eagles is a joke...no other team would ever do that...likewise firing coaches in secret and not telling the media is also completely unesscesary...you also should have the president of football operations at least in the country when all this is going down...btw andy reid also should have been at the senior bowl imo...but thats another topic

this whole thing has screamed bush league

Are you talking about them not renewing Bill Shuey's contract? That isnt a firing more so a we dont want your ass back.

And I was under the impression that he, like many other out of work coaches, go to the Senior Bowl looking for jobs.

Andrew Brandt was talking about that the other day - the congregation of unemployed coaches there.

ice grillin you

thats what makes it that much more strange...that he went to the senior bowl and pretended he still worked for the eagles

why wouldnt the eagles have just announced that the coaches had been fired two weeks ago...instead of these stupid ass spy games they always try and run

its ridiculous

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's only ridiculous/embarrassing to you and Florio. The fact is that if there is a season next year, the Eagles will have a defensive coaching staff no worse than the one they had this year. So what's the issue? They might have disrespected Bill Shuey? A 3rd-tier team with a defensive-minded head coach hired Opie right away? Dennis Allen may or may not have turned down an offer from the Eagles?

My guess is your biggest beef is that it's taking them so long to find someone. So, until you have a chance to bash the guy they hire, you need to bash the process by which they're hiring him.

ice grillin you

i could care less how long they take to hire a DC...if they have someone in mind who is still coaching thats completely legitimate...arizona is doing the same thing

my problem is the way banner inc operates...and how they have no transparency and feel as if they owe the fans absolutely nothing and basically spit in their face...is it to much to ask for them to announce coach firings when they happen?...of course not but rather than operate like every other team they have to dress bill shuey up in eagles garb and have him down at the senior bowl acting as if hes scouting players for the team?...its a joke

maybe i care more because i have season tickets...or maybe most people just dont care about stuff like this in general...i dont know....and thats your perogative...but it pisses me off

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't understand why they owe fans more transparency on hiring the coaches. I think you are reaching.

rjs246

The obsession with ownership/management 'spitting in the faces of the fans' is so overblown and ridiculous. Sure, ownership could be more like the fans, wearing their heart on their sleeve and emotionally connecting with the city, etc. But then we'd be in danger of Dan Snyder-dom and frankly it's stupid to get worked up over it one way or another.

Hoagiegate and No Signs and blah blah blah. It all sucks, but they are business decisions that don't exactly ruin the experience or the product on the field. What ruins the experience is the terrible defense and douchebag fans who sit on their hands and force me to give them the finger. Hoagies and signs are for fat people who need a hobby.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

charlie

They like customers... I like cash.

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 28, 2011, 10:17:39 AM
I don't understand why they owe fans more transparency on hiring the coaches. I think you are reaching.

you dont understand because you dont care...which like i said is fine...but i do...and im not reaching...its simply something that makes me angry...it is what it is