Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomahawk

The Eagles are probably waiting on Dick LeBeau, whose contract is up after this season

PoopyfaceMcGee

He has absolutely no interest in coming to Philly (and has said so) and specializes in a 3-4. Any more brilliant ideas, dingus?

Rome

Sgt PSN

Yeah, LeBeau already said that if he's coaching next year it will be in Pittsburgh.  If for some reason the Steelers don't make him an offer, then the Cardinals would be considered a front runner since he has ties to Wisenhunt.

The Eagles are in a bad place right now imo because no self respecting DC around the NFL would come here to coach these bums.  They're going to hire a position coach and hope that they strike gold with him.   

MDS

im sure hes just saying that to say it

if pitt lowballs him and the eagles come over the top hell probably change his tune
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

If the Eagles were to bring in LeBeau, it would take them 5 years just to get the right personnel to play in the 3-4.  And by then LeBeau would be LeDead. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I guess you never say never. After all, they were able to lure this guy we'd never heard of previously but is now suddenly the most unanimous choice for bestest defensive assistant coach in the history of football in Washburn.

Rome

ice grillin you

lebeau started his nfl career with the eagles maybe he wants to finish it?

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rome

Sgt PSN

Farg coaching...can he play LB?

PhillyPhreak54

He did for 10yrs and looks more of a LB than Teobustsheim

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, of course.  Te'O is a defensive tackle.