Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Les Bowen is on the same flight with shakedown Howie today and said the only piece of info he's been able to get is that Andy Reid is running the DC search from Philly. Which means Howie is running it, of course.

Drunkmasterflex

They were saying last week on DNL that AR probably didn't really want to get rid of McDermott.....I can't imagine though he doesn't have the ultimate say as to who the next DC will be. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 24, 2011, 11:10:51 AM
I can't imagine he doesn't have the ultimate say as to who the next DC will be. 

seriously?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Dude I know you love to hate on Banner Inc and rightfully so, but I can't imagine a coach in the NFL with as long of tenure as Reid has letting the FO pick his DC for him.  We all know Reid has lost power, but what coach is going to let ownership pick his staff for him.  This isn't Dallas, Oakland, or DC. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Don't ruin Havas' Hate Parade.

ice grillin you

they already got rid of donovan and mcdermott against reids wishes...they have hired and fired coaches as well as vetted numerous DC candidates while reid wasnt even in the country

why would it suprise you in the least if they didnt give him the "ultimate" sign off power on the DC

Drunkmasterflex

You really think they didn't contact him when he was out of the country? Its not like we live in the 1970s.  I would be surprised with the DC because that is someone he has to work with during the game.  Bottom line is if they took all of Reid's power do you really think he would stick around? He could easily find another job. 

ice grillin you

of course they contacted him...but he clearly no longer has ultimate sign off power on anything

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 24, 2011, 12:06:00 PM
of course they contacted him...but he clearly no longer has ultimate sign off power on anything

absolutely true, not sure how anyone can disagree

Drunkmasterflex

Maybe I was overstating it a little.  I do think the FO is more proactive getting rid of Reid guys, because I think we all know he is loyal to a fault.  However, when it comes to adding a DC I would think his input would be valued the highest.

PhillyPhreak54

Regardless of who is shot callin' this ordeal, is there any doubt that they're going to farg it up?

charlie

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 24, 2011, 12:21:36 PM
Regardless of who is shot callin' this ordeal, is there any doubt that they're going to farg it up?

Not a one. Just accept it and live longer.

Drunkmasterflex

lurking wierdo

Listen, Reid has lost no power. How can that even be considered? If nothing else he is more powerful than ever. If he was ever fired, he would have another job with more cash and power in about 15 minutes. People in other organizations would be fired to make room for Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: lurking wierdo on January 24, 2011, 12:39:27 PM
People in other organizations would be fired to make room for Reid.

Literally.