Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 21, 2011, 04:18:04 PM
He apparently got overridden on McDermott, so the balance of power has already shifted.

and vick, too

but im talking about in game stuff, philosophical approaches to the game, etc. once andy goes the head coach might as well be howie roseman
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

pretty sure he already calls the plays

PoopyfaceMcGee

And Dicky J is officially IN in Cleveland.  Brad Childress will likely be their OC also!

ice grillin you

not just mcdermott....but they are doing a whole lot of DC vetting (plus the hiring of washburn) while andy isnt even the country
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i would figure hes back by now

hold let me call him

wrong number
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SD

http://www.csnphilly.com/01/21/11/Trgovac-may-not-accept-any-coordinator-p/landing_eagles.html?blockID=395771&feedID=704

QuoteBy Reuben Frank
CSNPhilly.com

The Eagles may want Mike Trgovac. Mike Trgovac may not want the Eagles.

Trgovac told The Milwaukee Journal Sentintal newspaper Friday that even if he is offered a defensive coordinator spot by the Eagles or Broncos – and he would seem to be a perfect fit for both jobs – he may not accept it.

Trgovac, who from 1995 through 1998 coached the Eagles' defensive line under Ray Rhodes and then from 2003 through 2008 served as the Panthers' defensive coordinator under current Broncos head coach John Fox, has been linked to coordinator openings with both the Eagles and Broncos.

Trgovac is in his second year coaching the Packers' defensive line. NFL teams aren't allowed to interview candidates for coaching openings below head coach until that coach's team's season ends.

"I know my name has been thrown around there a bunch, but I really haven't – you know Dom (Capers) doesn't give us a lot of free time – to even think about it," Trgovac told the paper's Tom Silverstein Friday. "There will be some considerations I'll have to take, one of them being I have a daughter who's going to be a senior in high school. I've already moved her in high school. That's a huge factor."

The Eagles fired defensive coordinator Sean McDermott last Saturday. They have yet to interview any candidates. Saints defensive backs coach Dennis Allen is scheduled to interview this weekend. Another candidate, former Bills and Bears head coach D Jauron, who spent this past season as the Eagles' senior defensive assistant and secondary coach, accepted the Browns' coordinator job with former Eagles quarterbacks coach Pat Shurmer on Friday.

The Packers face the Bears Sunday in Chicago in the NFC Championship Game. If the Packers win, teams would not be able to discuss a coordinator job with Trgovac for two more weeks.

"I love my job here, I really do," Trgovac told the paper. "I love working for Dom (Capers, defensive coordinator), I love working for Mike (McCarthy, head coach)."

Trgovac voluntarily left Fox and the Panthers after the 2008 season for a lesser position with the Packers, but he said his relationship with Fox is great and said his reasons for leaving were family-related.

"John and I's relationship was great," he said. "I know it's been written a lot of times in Carolina that I was fired. I was not fired. Our relationship was great.

"There were some things going on there that weren't really what I like to see. It was probably more I was sitting at the dock and my son who was 10 at the time – I live on a lake – and he was talking to me, and I answered him and wasn't thinking about a word he said. I was thinking about the game. I was going through calls in my head.

"When he walked up, my wife said, 'You didn't listen to a word he said.' And I said, 'You know what, I really didn't.' And here's a little 10-year-old boy who sees his dad one day a week and I wasn't really listening to him. I wanted to just take a step back."

According to the Journal-Sentinal, Trgovac is believed to have time remaining on his contract beyond the 2010 season. If so, that would mean the Eagles would need to formally request permission of the Packers to interview Trgovac

Rome

YOU DIDN'T LISTEN TO A WORD HE SAID!  HE'S RUINED FOR LIFE!!  WAHHHHHHHHHH!

Stupid bitch.  Dude bought you a farging house on a lake because of his farging job.  Keep the brat away from him until the offseason starts.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Ok, I want Pettine now.  All in.  I hope the rapist ass-fargs the Jets this weekend, and Pettine is looking for a DC job under an offensive-minded head coach.  Yay.  It will happen.  I'm drunk.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

DH

bobbyuk commented on the bottom of that article...wasn't he a emb old timer??

PoopyfaceMcGee

Newest rumored candidate: Bob Babich (Bears linebackers coach)  Sure, why not.  Weird that there is no mention of Pettine or Bob Sutton from the Jets.

And lol at this tidbit about the Dennis Allen interview:
QuoteAsked about the Birds' secondary issues - they allowed a franchise-record 31 touchdown passes this season - Allen said: "I don't know about that. I'm just looking to be with a great organization, and if I get the opportunity, it would be a great opportunity."

Let's hire an unproven defensive backs coach who doesn't even realize the personnel challenges in front of him?  No.

ice grillin you

wasnt the bears defense great with ron rivera...who left and was replaced by babich...at which point the bears defense got bad...then babich was demoted and the defense got really good again?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

That timeline sounds correct, yes.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DH on January 24, 2011, 08:37:59 AM
bobbyuk commented on the bottom of that article...wasn't he a emb old timer??

Yeah. He posted here for a little while too.