Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even better, I actually typed in "Flashpop".

Feva

Superman wears Jim Washburn pajamas to bed.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 19, 2011, 03:34:33 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 03:27:52 PM
yeah i dont follow other teams defensive line coaches and i barely follow their coordinators...shtein i barely follow the eagles position coaches...for example i have no idea who their current defensive backs coach is...which is why i find this all so interesting...the offseason generally brings out the worst in people

Their DB coach is Fleshpop Jauron.

right...i know that when you say it...but i would have had to think really hard if someone asked me who it was
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

shorebird

Yeah, the team definatly needed a coaching change, but this D has what, 6 rooks in the rotation, plus a undrafted player in Hanson? A new coach might change get more out of this D, but more is needed.

Feva

I agree with that. I think it's a good time for this guy to get in here while there are so many young DL on the roster. I figure his impact will be more there than on someone like Juqua, who has established techniques... or just sucks.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SD

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM
who are all these studs washburn has developed?

During his tenure with the Titans, Washburn oversaw the development of many talented players including Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tony Brown, Jason Babin, Kevin Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Jevon Kearse, Antwan Odom, Robaire Smith, John Thornton and Gary Walker. Seven of those players (Vanden Bosch, Babin, Carter, Haynesworth, Kearse and Walker) earned a combined eleven Pro Bowl selections under Washburn's tutelage. Among defensive linemen, both of those totals led the league during that span.

What's more impressive is that most of the players listed here were better when he was their coach then when they went elsewhere. I have to think he had something to do with that.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SD on January 19, 2011, 04:42:54 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:53:28 PM
who are all these studs washburn has developed?

During his tenure with the Titans, Washburn oversaw the development of many talented players including Kyle Vanden Bosch, Tony Brown, Jason Babin, Kevin Carter, Albert Haynesworth, Jevon Kearse, Antwan Odom, Robaire Smith, John Thornton and Gary Walker. Seven of those players (Vanden Bosch, Babin, Carter, Haynesworth, Kearse and Walker) earned a combined eleven Pro Bowl selections under Washburn's tutelage. Among defensive linemen, both of those totals led the league during that span.

What's more impressive is that most of the players listed here were better when he was their coach then when they went elsewhere. I have to think he had something to do with that.

He's like the Andy Reid of defensive linemen. 

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 19, 2011, 02:11:25 PM
Quote from: FastFreddie on January 19, 2011, 02:07:09 PM
Well, he's probably an upgrade over Rory Segrest, so let's consider this a positive.

lets be honest unless they hired someone named blaine it would have to be considered an upgrade...no football coach should ever be named rory segrest

rory segrest should be the striker for duke lacrosse

What if it was Blaine Bishop?
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mora has decided not to coach this year.

Tomahawk

Sounds like that decision was made for him.

Hopefully Washburn does get Haynesworth to come to Philly, then Haynesworth scrapes his cleats down the sides of more Cowboys faces.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Great news on Washburn

Great news on Mora too. Someone find the clip of his sideline hissy fit in the 04 NFCCG

SD

Quote@Jay_Glazer news on the eagles dc?>Asked permission and granted it for saints db coach dennis allen.

SD

Quote@LesBowen I can confirm the Eagles are considering at least one d-coordinator candidate still involved in the playoffs.