Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Looks like Mora is heading to Denver, and Jauron probably to Cleveland.  Reid is on vacation and in no hurry to get a DC.  This has led to speculation that he might be targeting a coach that works for one of the remaining 4 teams.

One name that has popped up is Mike Trgovac, currently the DL coach for the Packers.  Another one which would make some sense is John Mitchell, the assistant HC/DL coach for the Steelers.
My speculation is that he might try to get Mike Pettine from the Jets, since he has local ties to the area.

reese125

well then--either way it looks like a guy we never even remotely heard of and just got to hope and pray he knows what the hell hes doing. awesome.

this is starting to shape up as if Reid is on his last leg here, and he might be the next to go. I know its sounds crazy, but this is usually how the trend works. not to mention, reid would be so better off in the upper management position like his boy holmgren. leave the coaching to real game day coaches. mussa begin.....

smeags

Quote from: FastFreddie on January 18, 2011, 12:01:49 PM
Looks like Mora is heading to Denver, and Jauron probably to Cleveland.  Reid is on vacation and in no hurry to get a DC.  This has led to speculation that he might be targeting a coach that works for one of the remaining 4 teams.

One name that has popped up is Mike Trgovac, currently the DL coach for the Packers.  Another one which would make some sense is John Mitchell, the assistant HC/DL coach for the Steelers.
My speculation is that he might try to get Mike Pettine from the Jets, since he has local ties to the area.

matt millen brought these guys up on the fanatic today with sal pal. pettine is def an interesting prospect.  cb west guy right ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, he got his start there, but his dad is the (in)famous Mike Pettine from CB West.  The junior Pettine was the head coach at North Penn for a while.  I doubt he'd leave the DC job for a better defense in NY and come to Philly, but since Rex Ryan is really in charge of the D there, he might want to go somewhere that the head coach sticks to offense.

rjs246

Wait, I thought Reid ran the defense too. Now I'm confused.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

smeags

all three of those names are involved/run a 3/4 right ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Good, then we have solved all this Bradley at SAM talk and they can just put him AND Chaney in the middle.

SUPERBOWL
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SD

I'd be for this just because I know some people who played for him

PoopyfaceMcGee

That is purely my idea, so I would put roughly as much credence in it as you do a woman's sanity when she's on the rag.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: rjs246 on January 18, 2011, 12:40:22 PM
Wait, I thought Reid ran the defense too. Now I'm confused.
Reid is always at fault
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

hbionic

Quote from: SD on January 18, 2011, 12:51:53 PM

I'd be for this just because I know some people who played for him

Name dropper.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

Drunkmasterflex

I would love to see this team switch to a 3-4....but I don't see that happening.  As long as they don't bring in Davis or Mora I am pretty much good with it.  And since Mora is off the list I am glad it is halfway there. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

hbionic

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on January 18, 2011, 01:43:40 PM
I would love to see this team switch to a 3-4....but I don't see that happening.  As long as they don't bring in Davis or Mora I am pretty much good with it.  And since Mora is off the list I am glad it is halfway there. 

The only thing I would cringe about this team going to a 3-4 is their lack to place the players needed to run the system. Both 4-3, and 3-4 great line play and linebacker play to be successful. Both of which the Eagles are notorious at sucking at. I would love for them to get a DC that would just get the whole defense in the film room, play Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore game film, and with his laser pointer, point at the screen and say, "This".

We'd be a whole lot better.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

phillycrew

Good heavens.  Could you imagine Fokou, Bradley, Chaney and Clayton trying to make plays?  Also, neither Patterson nor Bunkley could handle the NT position.  I would love to have the 3-4 but maybe we could slowly convert.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Let's all stop pretending that we know if certain current personnel are "suited" to a 3-4 and if that should be a key concern in the search for a new defensive coordinator.  It's not like they were lighting the world on fire in McDermott's 4-3, so who the farg really knows?