Eagles fire McDermott

Started by SD, January 15, 2011, 05:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

When 254 pound rookie DE Brandon Graham is being given snaps at tackle you know that the coaches need to kill themselves.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

they probably had him at tackle because he cant get to the qb from the edge
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

I like the idea of bringing in a really solid DC and letting him do whatever the hell he wants scheme-wise.  Giving him some more talent would be nice too.  The offense is basically fine if they bring Vick back and fix the right side of the OL.

Drunkmasterflex

I really farging hope it isn't Jim Mora Jr.  I can't stand him, he is so damn phony. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Rome

Vick & Mora together again.

LOLZ

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

At least then, when they try to use the DT to cover a WR, he might actually be able to do it
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

Pet project Segrest being fired caps a good weekend.

He sucked as STs coach and got a reprieve by being named DL coach. You suck Rory.

And before Sunny gets riled up - I know the players have to be better too.

PhillyPhreak54

Trotter said on WIP that he spoke to one of the defensive players after McDermott's firing and said that he was the worst DC he has ever played for.

Munson

Only because of that players talent, though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2011, 08:08:48 PM
Trotter said on WIP that he spoke to one of the defensive players Asante Samuel after McDermott's firing and said that he was the worst DC he has ever played for.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on January 16, 2011, 07:57:47 PM
Pet project Segrest being fired caps a good weekend.

He sucked as STs coach and got a reprieve by being named DL coach. You suck Rory.

And before Sunny gets riled up - I know the players have to be better too.

no, i'm on board with that one...he was terrible no matter where they put him
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SD

In regards to Reid the D and the philosophy: When Reid was a QB coach he was taken with what he saw from JJs defense and said to himself if I ever get a chance at this guy I'm taking it. Reid said he was a nightmare to gameplan against. Reid got him and JJ was great. JJ's system was already in place and Reid said farg it and hired McDermott thinking he could run it just as well.  He gave him two years and it didn't work out. During Reid's early years as a coach he said "I'm the head coach but JJ is the head coach of the defense" meaning what he says goes. There's no way I can dig up that quote as it was years ago but he said it. Reid takes imput from his DCs and gets what they ask him too. I really thinks he sees the trend of physical defenses and knows the league has changed. Yeah, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt but to me you don't fire McDermott if you think his defensive schemes are working.

PoopyfaceMcGee